• Current Donation Goals

5 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

We were rather fortunate to steal it at the end and walk away with the win.

Sure. But we did. Onwards and upwards.

Blue Rod   
7 hours ago, kev61 said:

You have to talk softly when you criticise Jorginho.He is the master plan by Sarri that some of us just can't see .Midfield  is still a major cause of concern and Jorginho is at the heart of it...sorry for banging on about it .

And you were spot on the other day when you said we were average against West Ham but for Eden Hazard. I remember the usual gang descending on you.

Our performance against Slavia confirms that there has been no progress whatsoever,  no system, no strategy, nothing to our game, since Sarri took over.  Individual players have taken it in turn to carry the manager. The other day it was Hazard's turn. Other days it's been Kante, or David Luiz  etc. But as a team playing to a winning formula,  I see nothing that I could call progress.

I imagine, his colouring book for the West Ham match has little notes like; "tonight Hazard carried me. I would be sh*t without him. Selling him is tragedia"

Edited by Blue Rod

Liverpool will be our 5th match in 15 days. We have won all of the previous 4. The performance was dull, and dull in keeping with much of what we have already done this season. But a 4th game in 13 days with the 5th to come 2 days later really is not a game you can sensibly draw many conclusions from.

Blue Rod   
41 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Liverpool will be our 5th match in 15 days. We have won all of the previous 4. The performance was dull, and dull in keeping with much of what we have already done this season. But a 4th game in 13 days with the 5th to come 2 days later really is not a game you can sensibly draw many conclusions from.

Absolutely.  It would be wrong to draw a conclusion based on one match, whowver is doing that. My conclusion is based on our entire season as far. We are managing to win matches without anything resembling a rhythm or system. It doesn't bode well for any new player coming in. That is why Higuain is already lost before he could start 

paulw66   
5 hours ago, MikelBlue said:

Not sure why some fans are getting bent out of shape. This was always going to be a tricky fixture given the need to rotate heavily against a side that would approach the game as the Finals. A 1-0 away win given everything is about as much I can ask for. No complaints here especially given we didn’t play well. On to Liverpool. 

Welcome to the forum. 

We played Monday, had to travel Wednesday, with little of no time to prepare, made 7 outfield changes, resting largely all of the key players ahead of another away game Sunday - what do people expect? 

10 hours ago, Holymoly said:

I'd argue that Jorginho and Kovacic aren't up to it and that we'd be better off with the second string. 

7 changes - it was largely second string. and we won without over exerting ourselves.

2 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

I remember the usual gang descending on you.

No you don't - what you 'remember' is people disagreeing with what he posted. No 'gang' what-so-ever, and no agendas, other than in your own fantasies.

1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

We played Monday, had to travel Wednesday, with little of no time to prepare, made 7 outfield changes, resting largely all of the key players ahead of another away game Sunday - what do people expect? 

Great post. Thank you.

Blue Rod   
1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

No you don't - what you 'remember' is people disagreeing with what he posted. No 'gang' what-so-ever, and no agendas, other than in your own fantasies.

Well, there was the usual synchronised attempt to disagree with the obvious fact that Kev had stated. And surprise surprise it was from the usual people who defend the performance of Sarri no matter what.

Let's not beat about the bush; I do not rate Sarri, Kev does not rate him either. So we all know where I stand. Equally, there are those who come up with all sorts of excuses for Sarri whenever we play poorly, which is pretty much every match. Yesterday it was the wrong sort of cold, or that we had to travel to Prague. You'd think Prague is a district of Timbuktu, and we are being asked to do something that no other team has ever done. It's just getting hilarious, honestly. 

Edited by Blue Rod

26 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Well, there was the usual synchronised attempt to disagree with the obvious fact that Kev had stated.

No, seriously there wasn't. All in your mind, I'm afraid. And as for this 'obvious fact' - you simply have to be joking.

And surprise surprise it was from the usual people who defend the performance of Sarri no matter what.

And surprise, surprise usual people who defend Sarri 'no matter what'  don't exists either. 

Let's not beat about the bush; I do not rate Sarri,

No surprise here.

Kev does not rate him either.

Or here.

Equally, there are those who come up with all sorts of excuses for Sarri whenever we play poorly, which is pretty much every match.

Roughly translated: Those people who disagree with you and Kev.

Yesterday it was the wrong sort of cold, or that we had to travel to Prague. You'd think Prague is a district of Timbuktu, and we are being asked to do something that no other team has ever done. It's just getting hilarious, honestly. 

Yes it is - but not for the reason stated. 

xCELERYx   
2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I recall this not being much of an excuse under previous managers when they had to go through similar. 

Not suggesting it isn't a viable reason, but just an interesting observation. 

Edited by xCELERYx