• Current Donation Goals

Sea foot   
15 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

I recall this not being much of an excuse under previous managers when they had to go through similar. 

Not suggesting it isn't a viable reason, but just an interesting observation. 

I recall that it has been an excuse on here every time we play several games in quick succession no matter the coach. We as fans (of any club) always moan about anything that disadvantages our club. And playing and travelling within a few days will always impact a performance surely. 

paulw66   

The referee was awful (again). I have been really disappointed by the refereeing standards in the EL compared to the CL

Foul after foul went unpunished. Hazard I think got fouled 6 times in the half an hour he played.

6 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

I recall this not being much of an excuse under previous managers when they had to go through similar. 

Not suggesting it isn't a viable reason, but just an interesting observation. 

Two things ... First, I recall it coming up ad infinitum on this website for the whole 9 years (I'm wasting my life) I've been here regardless of who the manager was. But then second ... In case it has escaped anyone's notice, we did actually win last night and are on a four game winning streak! That isn't a situation that needs excuses, and it certainly isn't the something the team and its managers have necessarily managed when we've had 5 games in 15 days in the past.

Excellent result.  Pretty good performance. Slavia are a lot lot better than any other EL team we have faced.  They last played Saturday (not Monday) away (but still in Prague) at the team bottom of the table and won 5-1.  Slavia have been waiting in eagerness for this game and went flat out for 30 mins achieving little.  After which we pretty much took control.

With Kante and Hazard on it was no longer fair competition - lets face it without Kante and Hazard we would struggle in the Prem, so let's not start knocking the team for a decent performance.

Willian was a star from early on.  For the goal, only Willian in this team puts in a cross that good.  Only Alonso in this team gets in that position, and only he scores from there (Giroud or Higuain might have produced the finish, but to get that goal we needed the CF to be in the CF position creating the wider space for Alonso).

It looks like Kepa, Azpi, Rudiger and Jorginho were the only A-team members playing, but I think Willian is pushing for a place in the starting team - we'll know tomorrow.  If CHO and RLC start they'll be a few Sarri haters choking on their pints.

Kovacic I see has a purpose, in defence, in ball winning when Kante is not selected.  But he slows us down a great deal.  Barkley just slows us down.  

On 4/11/2019 at 7:43 PM, thevelourfog said:

Miroslav Stoch!!! 

Indeed - another one of those 18 year old wingers about to take the world by storm.  I'll have to add him to my list.

On 4/12/2019 at 1:18 AM, Original 21 said:

Don’t understand why Jorginho is getting stick tonight. Seemed to me he was struggling to hold things together while the team was falling apart around him. Kovacic, Barkley, Alonso and Pedro had poor games – incapable of doing the basics.

It didn’t surprise me that Sarri took three of them off. Fortunately, only three subs are allowed and Alonso popped up with the goal. About the only thing Alonso got right all match.

Quite - though I don't think Alonso was that bad.

On 4/12/2019 at 3:26 AM, xCELERYx said:

That's a little cheeky. 

I thought we were lucky to walk away with anything after that disjointed display. If it wasn't for Kepa making a couple of really good saves we could have easily conceded a couple. 

We looked all over the shop from the moment the game kicked off and Slavia showcased the intensity they were going to play with. When he did manage to get into some good attacking positions the final ball was lacking - Willian being a main culprit.

We were rather fortunate to steal it at the end and walk away with the win.

Rubbish - great result, good performance.  They never looked like scoring and clearly went flat out for 30 mins and tired.  Once our main "hold up" player, Barkely, went off, we were going to win.

On 4/12/2019 at 0:06 PM, paulw66 said:

The referee was awful (again). I have been really disappointed by the refereeing standards in the EL compared to the CL

Foul after foul went unpunished. Hazard I think got fouled 6 times in the half an hour he played.

16 fouls to 9 - he was giving them first half, but I agree 2nd half got a little out of hand.  I guess he was trying to keep play moving, but late on, with Slavia pushing hard but tiring and constantly being caught on the break, the fouling did get out of hand.
EL vs CL, this guy Zwayer has reffed 4 big CL games already this and no EL before now.  Including Spurs vs Barca.  
https://www.soccerbase.com/referees/referee.sd?referee_id=1259

He has been very handy with the Cards - 5 Red, 124 Yellow in 30 games.  Just one game with no bookings, this his 2nd with just one. 

On 4/12/2019 at 11:15 AM, xCELERYx said:

20 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Two things ... First, I recall it coming up ad infinitum on this website for the whole 9 years (I'm wasting my life) I've been here regardless of who the manager was. But then second ... In case it has escaped anyone's notice, we did actually win last night and are on a four game winning streak! That isn't a situation that needs excuses, and it certainly isn't the something the team and its managers have necessarily managed when we've had 5 games in 15 days in the past.

Zaffo recalls wrong.  

kev61   
10 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Excellent result.  Pretty good performance. Slavia are a lot lot better than any other EL team we have faced.  They last played Saturday (not Monday) away (but still in Prague) at the team bottom of the table and won 5-1.  Slavia have been waiting in eagerness for this game and went flat out for 30 mins achieving little.  After which we pretty much took control.

With Kante and Hazard on it was no longer fair competition - lets face it without Kante and Hazard we would struggle in the Prem, so let's not start knocking the team for a decent performance.

Willian was a star from early on.  For the goal, only Willian in this team puts in a cross that good.  Only Alonso in this team gets in that position, and only he scores from there (Giroud or Higuain might have produced the finish, but to get that goal we needed the CF to be in the CF position creating the wider space for Alonso).

It looks like Kepa, Azpi, Rudiger and Jorginho were the only A-team members playing, but I think Willian is pushing for a place in the starting team - we'll know tomorrow.  If CHO and RLC start they'll be a few Sarri haters choking on their pints.

Kovacic I see has a purpose, in defence, in ball winning when Kante is not selected.  But he slows us down a great deal.  Barkley just slows us down.  

Indeed - another one of those 18 year old wingers about to take the world by storm.  I'll have to add him to my list.

Quite - though I don't think Alonso was that bad.

Rubbish - great result, good performance.  They never looked like scoring and clearly went flat out for 30 mins and tired.  Once our main "hold up" player, Barkely, went off, we were going to win.

16 fouls to 9 - he was giving them first half, but I agree 2nd half got a little out of hand.  I guess he was trying to keep play moving, but late on, with Slavia pushing hard but tiring and constantly being caught on the break, the fouling did get out of hand.
EL vs CL, this guy Zwayer has reffed 4 big CL games already this and no EL before now.  Including Spurs vs Barca.  
https://www.soccerbase.com/referees/referee.sd?referee_id=1259

He has been very handy with the Cards - 5 Red, 124 Yellow in 30 games.  Just one game with no bookings, this his 2nd with just one. 

Zaffo recalls wrong.  

see, why you do make snide remarks? - so what if he is Zaffo or Celery.No-one questions whether you are 'Droy was my hero' or 'Mourhino was my lover'.

Edited by kev61

27 minutes ago, kev61 said:

see, why you do make snide remarks? - so what if he is Zaffo or Celery.No-one questions whether you are 'Droy was my hero' or 'Mourhino was my lover'.

His old name was Zaffo. He is talking about a long line of ex-managers that we all recall - most of which were here when he was using the Zaffo name (and frankly he talked a lot more sense as Zaffo).  Nothing snidey, other than hinting that someone who has been here for a long time ought to remember.

Shame my respect for a great manager upsets you.

kev61   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

His old name was Zaffo. He is talking about a long line of ex-managers that we all recall - most of which were here when he was using the Zaffo name (and frankly he talked a lot more sense as Zaffo).  Nothing snidey, other than hinting that someone who has been here for a long time ought to remember.

Shame my respect for a great manager upsets you.

He is the same person - you use a name and try and make a fool of him,how sad is that.put a football kit on and a have a kick about on a football pitch I promise we will not laugh.

xCELERYx   
On 4/14/2019 at 0:11 PM, kev61 said:

He is the same person - you use a name and try and make a fool of him,how sad is that.put a football kit on and a have a kick about on a football pitch I promise we will not laugh.

Even though I've had Droy on ignore for two or three years now, it's still irritating that I see quoted posts of his where he still feels the need to reply to my posts despite knowing I don't reply or generally see them, then continues to addresses me by my old username in an arrogant smartass fashion just to cause a stir. He isn't worth the time of day though so I wouldn't bother getting into it with him. 

9 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Even though I've had Droy on ignore for two or three years now, it's still irritating that I see quoted posts of his where he still feels the need to reply to my posts despite knowing I don't reply or generally see them, then continues to addresses me by my old username in an arrogant smartass fashion just to cause a stir. He isn't worth the time of day though so I wouldn't bother getting into it with him. 

There are half a dozen people making the same points - are you putting all of us on ignore?