• Current Donation Goals

4 hours ago, Leo91 said:

Has to be the second string. They are still capable of putting in a performance and getting at least a goal.

Kepa

Zappa Rudi Chris Alonso

Kova

Kante Barkley

Pedro Giroud Willian

Subs: Kante > Jorgi

Giroud > Higuain

Pedro > CHO

Yeah, this is what I would do but I fully expect a full strength team from Sarri as he loaths rotation and he was even playing full strength/almost full strength in the group stage that was really weak.

7 hours ago, kev61 said:

It is vital we play Jorginho - we as a team can't breath without him!

Can you stop now, Kev? We get it, OK?

paulw66   
5 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

Yeah, this is what I would do but I fully expect a full strength team from Sarri as he loaths rotation and he was even playing full strength/almost full strength in the group stage that was really weak.

I would disagree slightly here. In recent weeks, there has been significant rotation. Look at the more regular involvement of Christensen, Emerson, RLC, CHO and Giroud compared to the first half of the season. There was also significant rotation in the EL. Still picking strong teams, but 3 or 4 being left out at least. The aforementioned players have played a lot in the EL from the beginning.

Expect Kovacic and Barkley both to start as they didn't play either of the last two, ditto Willian and Pedro. Those 4 I would guess are nailed on starters along with AC and Giroud.

On that basis, the front 3 is decided, the 3rd midfielder will be Kante or Jorginho and the back 4.....probably Azpi, AC Rudiger and Alonso if fit. 

I think Sarri will rotate as much as he can with both our aged wingers starting alongside Oli up top. Kante, Barkley and Kova in midfield with Alonso, AC , AR and(sadly)Dave playing yet again at the back. Kepa will keep.

Thing is he can swap in either Jorgi for Kante(but into Kovas role)if we syruggle to score or let Ampadu come on if we are coasting and can move around the strikers too but I worry about Azpi.

He looked dead during the West Ham game and cannot play thursday and hope to mark Mane on Sunday. However, Sarri never rests him and he is already losing his legs even before being run into the ground by his manager.

I doubt I'm alone in this concern but Sarri just doesnt seem to trust anyone else at RB. Surely Zappa, as a full Italian int can do a job once in a while if given strict instructions. I know he has been ropey but without a run of games what do we expect? I think its worth a shot to save Azpis old legs.

Edited by mastiffchild
I'm useless

7 hours ago, mastiffchild said:

I think Sarri will rotate as much as he can with both our aged wingers starting alongside Oli up top. Kante, Barkley and Kova in midfield with Alonso, AC , AR and(sadly)Dave playing yet again at the back. Kepa will keep.

Thing is he can swap in either Jorgi for Kante(but into Kovas role)if we syruggle to score or let Ampadu come on if we are coasting and can move around the strikers too but I worry about Azpi.

He looked dead during the West Ham game and cannot play thursday and hope to mark Mane on Sunday. However, Sarri never rests him and he is already losing his legs even before being run into the ground by his manager.

I doubt I'm alone in this concern but Sarri just doesnt seem to trust anyone else at RB. Surely Zappa, as a full Italian int can do a job once in a while if given strict instructions. I know he has been ropey but without a run of games what do we expect? I think its worth a shot to save Azpis old legs.

I agree, Zappa should be starting this one all day long. However, he has been quoted as saying 5-6 changes. That for me means: 

Kepa

Dave Rudi Chris Emerson/Alonso 

Jorgi

Kante Kova 

Pedro Giroud CHO/Willian 

8 hours ago, mastiffchild said:

I don't agree he's losing his legs; I think he looked off the pace in the second half on Monday because he had literally no support from a younger player still having to learn what it is to do more than simply the thing you're good and like best in the senior game. But I do agree that he has been flogged; by Sarri, by Conte and even by Mourinho before him. He should not be starting five games in two weeks when the fifth game is against a speedy Klopp winger. 

No disrespect intended to Slavia Prague as I'm sure they are a decent side, but if a £21m Italian international cannot start against them then that player's career is in trouble.

8 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

No disrespect intended to Slavia Prague as I'm sure they are a decent side, but if a £21m Italian international cannot start against them then that player's career is in trouble.

Or he is in the same boat as DD

6 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Or he is in the same boat as DD

There's a 'what do you do with a drunken sailor' joke in here somewhere but it's too early for me to figure it out.

xCELERYx   
16 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I don't agree he's losing his legs; I think he looked off the pace in the second half on Monday because he had literally no support from a younger player still having to learn what it is to do more than simply the thing you're good and like best in the senior game. But I do agree that he has been flogged; by Sarri, by Conte and even by Mourinho before him. He should not be starting five games in two weeks when the fifth game is against a speedy Klopp winger. 

Was looking over Azpilicueta's minutes since he joined and it's ridiculous that he's played so much football. He'll have virtually played over 3000 league minutes in each of the last 4 seasons.

A true testament to his endurance and fitness over that that period of time.