• Current Donation Goals

2 hours ago, exiledblue said:

But what is it doing hidden away in General Football. 

No idea. Anyway, I've moved it back to the main forum. Enjoy.

Not sure I fancy our chances in this one, to be honest - I just hope it's not another City result. With the right team (the same one that played against West Ham) I think we can give it a good go, but I just worry the front 3 of Liverpool will be too much for our back 4 and Jorginho.

I hope I'm wrong as I'd love to see us ruin the Liverpool party.

chelboy   

Can see him going with Willian Hazard and CHO as the front 3. Hopefully Christensen and Luiz start this one. The rest of the team picks itself. Liverpool have not lost at home for 2 years and our away form against big sides is poor so I think a draw would be a very good result.

They should be more nervous than us so maybe we can exploit that but their defence is so solid which is worrying. It is difficult to score more than 1 at Anfield and keeping a clean sheet is nearly impossible but you never know. 

1 hour ago, xCELERYx said:

Didn't we beat Liverpool at Anfield in the Carabao Cup earlier this season and, IMO, totally outplayed them?

Obviously the Tottenham, Arsenal and City games contributed those 11 goals and those 3 game came during our weaker period of the season. 

Leo91   

Not looking forward to this one. Not because I think we'll get thrashed, but because the consequences of losing means they're one step closer.

First goal in this one is vital. If we concede early doors we could be looking at 4-1 or something. However, if we score first they will push up and leave us counter oppotunities and I could see us winning 3-1/3-2 or something. As for the team, I would go with: 

Kepa 

Dave Rudi Luiz Emerson 

Jorgi

Kante RLC 

Willian Higuain Hazard

Subs

Willy Christensen Alonso Kovacic Barkley CHO Giroud

For me, Willian has to start as we cannot leave Dave exposed to that Liverpool front three with CHO in front of him. However, CHO should get 20-25 minutes at the end if we need a goal. 

2 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

First goal in this one is vital. If we concede early doors we could be looking at 4-1 or something. However, if we score first they will push up and leave us counter oppotunities and I could see us winning 3-1/3-2 or something. As for the team, I would go with: 

Kepa 

Dave Rudi Luiz Emerson 

Jorgi

Kante RLC 

Willian Higuain Hazard

Subs

Willy Christensen Alonso Kovacic Barkley CHO Giroud

For me, Willian has to start as we cannot leave Dave exposed to that Liverpool front three with CHO in front of him. However, CHO should get 20-25 minutes at the end if we need a goal. 

So after everything that has happened this season, I hope that Sarri has the sense to go full counter attack just for this game. It’s the only new way that we can beat them.

Come on you Blues.

Like everyone else, I haven’t even been thinking about our Top 4 race in the build up to this game at all. It’s all about stopping their circus again. 

Good thing is we’ve got several players who were part of the squad last time. Hazard, Azpilicueta, Willian, Luiz, Cahill! I think the collective memory and experience might be the difference.