• Current Donation Goals

chara   

5 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Are you for real? his whole campaign is to belittle people can't you see it? and I am "worthy"of myself that is the only thing I am interested in .

Kev...I try not to get involved in squabbles but you have pulled me into a loss of patience with your increasingly personal attacks on people..I am very real and do not appreciate being belittled for passing an opinion.... I did say h Droy can be faulted but that is not the whole picture.....................grow up man.

I find myself quite baffled by what our tactics actually are these days. The only part of the pitch where we appear to play what I understand 'sarriball' to be is the third of the pitch in front of our own goal, whilst under pressure from the opposition forwards.

Can't fathom what the front 3 were instructed to do today. We had CHO, who is a good crosser, lingering out wide with nobody to cross to. Every time Willian got the ball Hazard was standing within 5 feet of him with nobody in the middle. RLC wasn't on the edge of the box for cut backs. Then Higuain came on (who is so ridiculously out of shape he shouldn't even be on the bench) and played in midfield for the first 5 or 10 minutes.

It appears the attackers are given no instructions on how to structure their offensive play. Alternatively they are, but Hazard (top 5 players in his position) Willian (experienced Brazil international) Pedro (won everything with Barca and Spain) Giroud, Higiain etc etc are incapable of grasping the basics of it or carrying it out with any consistency. In which case which younger players are we expecting to come in and do better, and is it worth persevering with?

The tactics differ from last season in that we don't sit back as much, the formation is different. But I see little difference in what the players actually do with the ball, the same passes, the same movements, same holding the ball up in wide positions, Kante carries the ball a bit more. In that respect Sarri has made little or no difference whatsoever in expanding our football. That is based on the season as a whole not just today.

5 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

He is suggesting that only Kante can get into this Liverpool team. I have not read anything more dumb since your last post. Which Liverpool player would you sign, and which Chelsea player would they replace? Go on.

You’re clearly just trolling these days. 

Completely lost it. 

Blue Rod   
49 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

You’re clearly just trolling these days. 

Completely lost it. 

You are the one trolling. I have asked you to back up his suggestion that all Liverpool players are better than Chelsea's except Kante. Just do it, if you are not trolling. 

3 hours ago, chelboy said:

Main targets in the summer should be bringing in top quality full backs and a proper striker. Until we get real quality in those areas we will struggle with any type of attacking football. Really think Azpi should he playing CB I don’t think his legs can run up and down well enough. Emerson should be a squad player rather than 1st choice but that shows how poor Alonso is.

Striker position has been a disaster. Marina was right about not backing Sarri with Higuain the 1st time. Pretty sure Piatek would have been a target too. We have played the last two seasons without a top striker. I think we need even two good strikers next season especially without Hazard. 

I'd suggest that if the transfer ban doesn't get overturned, then targets in the summer won't be an issue since we won't be able to buy anyone. Just a thought.

The_Ghost

"You’re clearly just trolling these days. 

Completely lost it". 

Blue Rod

"You are the one trolling. I have asked you to back up his suggestion that all Liverpool players are better than Chelsea's except Kante. Just do it, if you are not trolling". 

You two need to keep the personal/schoolyard comments out of your posts. You've both been warned before - and now this is the final time.

17 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

I'd suggest that if the transfer ban doesn't get overturned, then targets in the summer won't be an issue since we won't be able to buy anyone. Just a thought.

A pretty meaningless one, unless you actually have an opinion on whether it will be overturned though.  

I think it will be (for the summer).  What do you think?

xCELERYx   
3 hours ago, MikelBlue said:

Again, the bigger issue here is if you aren’t outspending everyone (like during the early years of Roman), then you need to be a bit more patient in your approach. Classic exhibits are Liverpool and Tottenham. They haven’t won jack in donkey years but both clubs are better positioned than us at the moment. The Manchester clubs will continue to throw money around like there’s no tomorrow so if we want to compete, we need patience and a prudent approach. Sarri isn’t the best but he’s far from the problem. But with better administrative support from the club, the end product on the pitch will gradually improve under Sarri. Again, Klopp has won jack in 4 years at Liverpool but he’s being hailed today. In the first season of Sarri, and without the benefit of a full summer preseason, CFC barely lost on pks in one cup finals, has half a leg in the Europa league semifinals, and still within touch of a top 4 finish. Whether Sarri is the right person is up for debate but implementation of expansive football requires a lot of patience. 

You're definitely correct with money being a big factor to gain that instant success. When that isn't available the longest view in the room has to be taken. With that said, there's a couple of significant differences between us and Sarri, then Liverpool and Klopp and Spurs and Poch. Klopp had prior success at Dortmund before joining Liverpool and that sort of thing can help buy you time. Poch on the other hand is different because he was seen as a young talented manager who did well at Espanyol given their stature before leading Southampton to their best position in what was like 10 years. Poch's biggest praise though was his willingness and ability to develop younger players. This is where Tottenham have excelled in since he arrived and been a bit part of how they've established themselves over the last few seasons. What does Sarri have to really offer us moving forward? He's a 60 year old manger with no real prior success, with his biggest achievements being the aesthetic of his football and finishing second in Serie A last season - a competition he realistically should have won but choked down in the final stretch. He isn't exactly a big developer of players. While he's had many criticisms over the years about other areas of his approach. 

You can see why Liverpool and Spurs have stuck with their managers and afforded them time. The way Chelsea is ran behind the scenes certainly doesn't help Sarri, or any other manager we have. That is something that needs resolving ASAP if we're to actually make progress as a club again. We're also not exactly well equipped as a squad to completely compliment Sarri's vision. From that perspective one could certainly make a reasonable case for him to remain moving forward. It's the other aspects to his management style that leave question marks about if it's worth instilling trust in him to progress us or not.

Chelsea needs a complete overhaul in my opinion from board level to the playing staff, and then to a manager who's more complimentary to where we're not at as a club. We need everybody on the same page working from one single blueprint to take us forward - opposed to everyone seemingly pulling in their own direction. Until that's resolved we'll continue to try and push $hit up a hill.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

You're definitely correct with money being a big factor to gain that instant success. When that isn't available the longest view in the room has to be taken.

Yes.  No.

The game is to win stuff when we can, not just look to the long term.  That means extreme short term thinking at the right moments, and reverting to intermediate term when the team, as now, is not strong enough.

The rest of your post is the familiar call to kick out anyone Conte might have rowed with and bring in a Conte clone.  In fact of the many great achievements of Marina, sticking up for club against Conte was one of the biggest.

She represents continuation from the early RA years, having been here from the start, and being made Director in 2013 - the period when our real success began - winning PL titles despite being substantially out spent by 2 other PL clubs.

The club is doing great.  Some greedy fans should be ashamed of themselves.