• Current Donation Goals

20 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

A pretty meaningless one, unless you actually have an opinion on whether it will be overturned though.  

i don't know whether, or not, the ban will be overturned. Neither do you, or does anyone else for that matter. The difference is that I don't pretend to all-seeing/all knowing like you do. 

I think it will be (for the summer).  What do you think?

Like you, I don't know. Unlike you, I don't need to make pointless claims to feel worthy. I will remind you once again, that you don't decide what's right, or wrong, on these forums. You don't set the rules, however clever you seem to think you're being..

9 hours ago, Ham said:

Dirty scum..... And the ref does nothing. 

And he’s even looking right at it! Oliver is a **** ref at best, bent at worst. They kicked Hazard to pieces first half and nothing. First foul by us and it’s a yellow. A pattern we see far too often. 

Three drunk Chelsea fans are singing a song about Salah in Prague and it’s national news. A smoke bomb is thrown into the Chelsea end at Anfield and we hear nothing. 

Business as usual. 

Dingus   

Sky aren't even bothering to keep their allegiances under wraps anymore by having Carragher doing commentary these days. Partisan as they come.

Bison   

A 17 year old Josh McEachran was a better footballer than Jorginho. Convince me otherwise. I dare you.

Holymoly   
30 minutes ago, Bison said:

A 17 year old Josh McEachran was a better footballer than Jorginho. Convince me otherwise. I dare you.

He probably wasn't to be fair but Jorginho is far too safe. The whole ethos of our midfield under Sarri is to move the ball quickly There appears to be no incentive to consider the incisive forward through ball. Consequently the forwards have to come back to retrieve the ball then attempt to weave through two lines of defenders. If not for Hazard then our season would have been that much worse. It's difficult to forecast what Jorginho's future at Chelsea is if Sarri were to leave.

9 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

I find myself quite baffled by what our tactics actually are these days. The only part of the pitch where we appear to play what I understand 'sarriball' to be is the third of the pitch in front of our own goal, whilst under pressure from the opposition forwards.

Can't fathom what the front 3 were instructed to do today. We had CHO, who is a good crosser, lingering out wide with nobody to cross to. Every time Willian got the ball Hazard was standing within 5 feet of him with nobody in the middle. RLC wasn't on the edge of the box for cut backs. Then Higuain came on (who is so ridiculously out of shape he shouldn't even be on the bench) and played in midfield for the first 5 or 10 minutes.

It appears the attackers are given no instructions on how to structure their offensive play. Alternatively they are, but Hazard (top 5 players in his position) Willian (experienced Brazil international) Pedro (won everything with Barca and Spain) Giroud, Higiain etc etc are incapable of grasping the basics of it or carrying it out with any consistency. In which case which younger players are we expecting to come in and do better, and is it worth persevering with?

The tactics differ from last season in that we don't sit back as much, the formation is different. But I see little difference in what the players actually do with the ball, the same passes, the same movements, same holding the ball up in wide positions, Kante carries the ball a bit more. In that respect Sarri has made little or no difference whatsoever in expanding our football. That is based on the season as a whole not just today.

Absolutely agree.

Blue Rod   
14 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

What’s your point to be exact? Did we dominate by counterattacking in 16-17 or did we dominate by “running and pressing”.

Because a lot of people will remember us basically walking the league but by counterattacking - not the rubbish you are claiming about us running really hard. 

It’s 2 completely different approaches to the game between being a side that sits in a low block and absorbs before sprinting forward and a team that plays a higher pressing game and spends the game pressing and running. 

If you are trying to make the stupid point that we have got the players to play the latter then you’re quite lost.

Athletically the latter approach is a lot more demanding and a player simply cannot play that quicker game without being gifted with at worst reasonably good technical ability - which basically sees your point go right out the window about Liverpool’s players being supposedly inferior to ours.

My point is that we were not lucky to win the league under Conte. Although we did a lot of counter attacking, we did it with speed and power. We committed more players to counterattack. It was really hard work. There were rumours of players complaining about the hard work and hard running under Conte. Try tell those players they were lucky. 

Liverpool arrived in our box with 4 or 5 players each time, and they all arrived quickly. I remember us doing that under Conte. Yesterday during our counterattacks there was barely a Chelsea player in the box other than the person with the ball.

Our current team lacks speed in attack and when running back. And that is strange when you consider the normal speed of Kante, Hazard, Pedro and even Willian. I do not think this has to do with us playing Europa Cup.

Sarriball was about camping at the edge of the opponents 18 yard box and suffocating them with possession, with the so-called regista dictating play. That was never going to work in the P for several reasons. We seem to have moved away from the nonsense. But we haven't replaced it with a good mobile midfield. That requires good speed.

I never said that Liverpool players were inferior to us. I don't know where you got that from. I was responding to a comment that only Kante would get into the Liverpool team. I pointed out that this was not true.

It has become a trend on this forum to claim that every team we lose to have superior players. I think I know why that trend. Some even tried to rate Wolves team as superior to us. It seemed obvious that those team have managers who are getting the best out of their players. It's that simple as far as I am concerned.

Edited by Blue Rod

8 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

I don't know whether, or not, the ban will be overturned. Neither do you, or does anyone else for that matter. The difference is that I don't pretend to all-seeing/all knowing like you do. 

I know you don't like to be accused of opinions, but does that mean we are all banned from having them now?  (Or is that asking for an opinion?)

7 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Back in the day when Mo Salah was a Chelsea player...

Shrewsbury Town vs Chelsea, League Cup, October 28, 2014.

BACA61CD-0D09-4957-A4C8-0ED8155AA909.gif.316a648e5bf633e9c505165c15271cb2.gif

Wonderful gif.   And almost identical to yesterday's goal except the execution.  To think we kept Hazard and let Salah go.

1 hour ago, Bison said:

He was pretty rubbish as a first team contributor  actually, at 17, 18, 19 and onwards.  The only thing that changed was his potential which fell each year.

He was always more about CA sending messages, than breaking through as an individual.  (Unlike CHO who is doing it based on what he does on the pitch and in training).

1 hour ago, Dingus said:

Sky aren't even bothering to keep their allegiances under wraps anymore by having Carragher doing commentary these days. Partisan as they come.

Meanwhile just which ex-Chelsea players get to go in and bat for the blues on BT and Sky.  Joe and Ashley Cole.  Not the world's greatest public speakers.  Why would anyone pick them.