• Current Donation Goals

36 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

My point is that we were not lucky to win the league under Conte. Although we did a lot of counter attacking, we did it with speed and power. We committed more players to counterattack. It was really hard work. There were rumours of players complaining about the hard work and hard running under Conte. Try tell those players they were lucky. 

Liverpool arrived in our box with 4 or 5 players each time, and they all arrived quickly. I remember us doing that under Conte. Yesterday during our counterattacks there was barely a Chelsea player in the box other than the person with the ball.

Our current team lacks speed in attack and when running back. And that is strange when you consider the normal speed of Kante, Hazard, Pedro and even Willian. I do not think this has to do with us playing Europa Cup.

Some good sense in these 3 paras.  Yes we only have on guy in our 6 front 3 players in his 20s.  None of our No 8 choices make much attempt to get in the box (I saw Barkley make one run to get on the end of a cross, but it stood out as being the only time it happened).  The CF is essentially backed up by Kante and Alonso (when picked) and no one else.

All of which back up the support arguments for Jorginho doing fine, but lacking the right movement in front of him.

12 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I know you don't like to be accused of opinions, but does that mean we are all banned from having them now?  (Or is that asking for an opinion?)

Smart Arse strikes again. 

paulw66   
16 hours ago, chelboy said:

The main difference in this game is the energy Liverpool have shown is far too better than ours. They have played this like a cup final. 

Two days extra rest, and no travel 

16 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Sometimes the better side wins , the ones with the players best suited to the philosophy  of the manager .

They have that , we do not . Klopp has had what is it , three seasons ? Sarri has had one .

What is a worry is the fitness of the respective sides . They look faster and fitter than ours and that could be an issue going forwards , 

As above. The EL really is a drain on resources. 

16 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

I could not agree more. The constant running from their forwards makes it look like they have 13 men on the pitch. Skill wise, I see nothing special from them. In Conte's first season, our players were running like crazy. It's not that they have suddenly aged 10 years. 

We played 45 games in Conte's first season. Of course we had more energy, that and a top striker. 

How did Conte do once that striker had gone? 

13 hours ago, Stim said:

I'm curious to what you think a 'competent' manager can achieve with this team. 5 points more? 10?

Because Conte was competent.

Quite. 5 or more points from the last 4 games and we overtake Conte's tally from last year

2 hours ago, Bison said:

A 17 year old Josh McEachran was a better footballer than Jorginho. Convince me otherwise. I dare you.

Somewhat of an imposible thing to prove, other than say, where does Josh play (sometimes) now? 

9 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

We played 45 games in Conte's first season. Of course we had more energy, that and a top striker. 

Bears a lot of repeating  (That JM did him a big favour in avoiding EL entry)

Edited by Droy was my hero

9 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Bears a lot of repeating  (That JM did him a big favour in avoiding EL entry)

It did look like it was a concerted effort by all to dodge qualification for it at the time !

Blue Rod   
35 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Two days extra rest, and no travel 

As above. The EL really is a drain on resources. 

Quite. 5 or more points from the last 4 games and we overtake Conte's tally from last year

Somewhat of an imposible thing to prove, other than say, where does Josh play (sometimes) now? 

You seem to be fixated on blaming Sarri's problems on striker. I appreciate your attempt to simplify things. Conte won the league because he adopted a style, formation, and work ethics that delivered results. He was a task master.

The chances that we created for Costa were simply out of this world. We haven't gone even close to creating those kind of chances under Sarri. In fact we create very few achances these days. If you give us Costa now, he would make very little difference to Sarri's football.

When Conte struggled second season, he had fallen out with so many people, and his relationship with his players has also suffered. To narrow it down to striker is yet another oversimplification. But if it helps your understanding of the current situation, I can't blame you. 

Sarri is just not good enough. It does not matter which angle you look at it. Even his choice of players tell you a lot.

Edited by Blue Rod

Holymoly   

cc80agn64as21.thumb.jpg.74947198f1dbb238bf617b921f42860d.jpg

Our away form in the league in 2019. Doesn't make for pretty reading. In addition we have lost our last 6 away games against the other top 6 sides. It's all quite depressing.

Edited by Holymoly

paulw66   
24 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

cc80agn64as21.thumb.jpg.74947198f1dbb238bf617b921f42860d.jpg

Our away form in the league in 2019. Doesn't make for pretty reading. In addition we have lost our last 6 away games against the other top 6 sides. It's all quite depressing.

Squad isn't big enough. 

Whilst most PL teams had a January with no midweek fixtures, we had two draining semi final games against Spurs (who themselves have had serious wobbles in 2019). 

Both Merseyside defeats had good first halves and poor second - both after an away European game 

It's quite simple really - the squad isn't big enough / strong enough to try and win 4 competitions, and we really shouldn't have tried to. 

xCELERYx   
33 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

To quote the Daily Mail.

"In their six defeats against Liverpool, Manchester City, Tottenham, Arsenal, Wolves and Everton, they have conceded 17 goals and only managed two in response. They were also thumped 4-0 at the Vitality Stadium by Bournemouth back in January. "