• Current Donation Goals

10 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Squad isn't big enough. 

For once I have to disagree,.  Squad is massive, even if we exclude Cahill and Barkley.

Squad isn't good enough.  Kepa, Azpi, Rudiger, Luiz, Jorgy, Kante, Hazard are good enough.

Willian/Pedro 2 years ago.  CHO in a couple of years time probably.

We have traditionally had 10-13 class players + 5 or 6 make weights and the squad has been too small.

Now we have 7 class players and about 15 make weights (never mind the recent purchases that have been sent out on loan because the squad got too big).  

Note 2 of those 7 were bought by Sarri / under Sarri last summer.

15 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

It's quite simple really - the squad isn't big enough / strong enough to try and win 4 competitions, and we really shouldn't have tried to. 

The LC really was a killer wasn't it.  Fortunately Spurs will be done by the CL and City.

9 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Squad isn't big enough. 

Whilst most PL teams had a January with no midweek fixtures, we had two draining semi final games against Spurs (who themselves have had serious wobbles in 2019). 

Both Merseyside defeats had good first halves and poor second - both after an away European game 

It's quite simple really - the squad isn't big enough / strong enough to try and win 4 competitions, and we really shouldn't have tried to. 

Or Sarri is not good enough are away form as been awful this year even the 2 wins against Fulham and Cardiff we played bad there is no excuse for it in my opinion we have been boring to watch I would put up with bad results if I was entertained and could see us progressing under him but we are not 

paulw66   
3 minutes ago, Aussie1979 said:

Or Sarri is not good enough are away form as been awful this year even the 2 wins against Fulham and Cardiff we played bad there is no excuse for it in my opinion we have been boring to watch I would put up with bad results if I was entertained and could see us progressing under him but we are not 

All of those bad results, directly in and around extra midweek fixtures. 

Bournemouth, Everton and Liverpool all 0-0 at half time, 0-8 on aggregate - 2nd half fatigue. 

paulw66   
5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

For once I have to disagree,.  Squad is massive, even if we exclude Cahill and Barkley.

Squad isn't good enough.  Kepa, Azpi, Rudiger, Luiz, Jorgy, Kante, Hazard are good enough.

Sorry, yes, I meant big enough in terms of numbers and quality

Blue Rod   

The list of excuses for Sarri just goes on and on, sometimes self contradictory. Its ridiculous. We blame our form in PL on our playing in Europa League, and we blame poor Europa league form on PL. What about those who have to play crunch matches in CL?

Droy thinks we have 7 top players and some make weights. You'd think we have 11 makeweights and no top player. And which team does not have makeweights? 

Flinkers   

Just by the by, are the FA still banning players for diving retrospectively?

Edited by Flinkers

Stim   
15 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

We blame our form in PL on our playing in Europa League, and we blame poor Europa league form on PL. 

And?

You think playing monday thursday sunday only effects the one competition ?

50 minutes ago, Flinkers said:

Just by the by, are the FA still banning players for diving retrospectively?

Not if your name is Mo Salah 😉

Flinkers   
3 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Not if your name is Mo Salah 😉

Thought that was the case!

8 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

The list of excuses for Sarri just goes on and on, sometimes self contradictory. Its ridiculous. We blame our form in PL on our playing in Europa League, and we blame poor Europa league form on PL. What about those who have to play crunch matches in CL?

Droy thinks we have 7 top players and some make weights. You'd think we have 11 makeweights and no top player. And which team does not have makeweights? 

Still haven’t said which of those great managers you’d like to replace him....?