• Current Donation Goals

kev61   
On 14/04/2019 at 9:40 PM, chara said:

Kev...I try not to get involved in squabbles but you have pulled me into a loss of patience with your increasingly personal attacks on people..I am very real and do not appreciate being belittled for passing an opinion.... I did say h Droy can be faulted but that is not the whole picture.....................grow up man.

Very commendable - I only get "personal"  when people get personal about me - "grow up man" ha! I can assure you I was not belittling you - told to "grow up" is not belittling?.You are backing the wrong horse so please don't lecture me on a discussion that didn't even involve you as far I can see except for the " get real" comment which  I didn't mean as a barb.

xCELERYx   
7 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Still haven’t said which of those great managers you’d like to replace him....?

Ignoring this for a moment. I'm curious to hear what justification there is to keep Sarri around - focusing solely on his managerial qualities. 

Do you see him as a great motivator? A good man manager? Does his ability to develop youth excite you? Do his match day tactics provide the team with the best chance of success? Do his team selections instill confidence? Is he someone that provides the club with the necessary qualities to rebuild this side successfully - even beyond his tenure?

When you look and assess Sarri purely as a manger - or coach if you will, can you honestly say that he's truly the best candidate for us and where we're currently at as a footballing club? 

2 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Ignoring this for a moment.

You've been ignoring it since the question was asked. Go on, tell us who you'd like to replace Sarri? 

5 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Ignoring this for a moment. I'm curious to hear what justification there is to keep Sarri around - focusing solely on his managerial qualities. 

Do you see him as a great motivator? A good man manager? Does his ability to develop youth excite you? Do his match day tactics provide the team with the best chance of success? Do his team selections instill confidence? Is he someone that provides the club with the necessary qualities to rebuild this side successfully - even beyond his tenure?

When you look and assess Sarri purely as a manger - or coach if you will, can you honestly say that he's truly the best candidate for us and where we're currently at as a footballing club? 

Do you see him as a great motivator?   Pretty good - at least we are usually up for the big games, and no one else has got more than 3 points of City

A good man manager?   Players seem to like him.  Hasn't fallen out with any of our key first choices (perhaps with Cahill and Drinkwater though, but not with the first choice CB or star CF.)

Does his ability to develop youth excite you?  You really have to ask? - Just look at CHO's progress this year - compare it to any other English player, let alone any other Chelsea youth player

Do his match day tactics provide the team with the best chance of success? Yes

Do his team selections instill confidence?  Yes - with very good rotation during this tricky period

Is he someone that provides the club with the necessary qualities to rebuild this side successfully - even beyond his tenure? Well obviously.

Well I am not going to answer BIEW's question for you.  Lets just say neither you nor I can name a better candidate.

And the big question - what is his scouting like?  Did he buy Bakayoko, Morata, Drinkwater, Zappacosta, Emerson, Giroud, Barkley (and in the plus column Rudiger)?
Or did he buy Kepa, Jorginho and Pulisic as well as bring in a couple of our own?

I take it Zaffo, you'd answer the same.

Edited by Droy was my hero

kev61   
3 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

His latest  'expertise' was to play Hazard as a false 9 which has failed in the past - what part of him thinks it will be a success in the future?.Two wide players against pool and he plays higgy instead of a centre forward that is made for crosses.

Giroud scores a hat trick and is dropped for the next game?.He makes no sense.We will never progress with this guy in charge.

xCELERYx   
44 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

You've been ignoring it since the question was asked. Go on, tell us who you'd like to replace Sarri? 

BIEW was replying to Blue Rod, I jumped in on that BIEW post that I replied to and wasn't part of the prior conversation. Wasn't a real need to jump down my throat. ;) 

xCELERYx   
50 minutes ago, kev61 said:

His latest  'expertise' was to play Hazard as a false 9 which has failed in the past - what part of him thinks it will be a success in the future?.Two wide players against pool and he plays higgy instead of a centre forward that is made for crosses.

Giroud scores a hat trick and is dropped for the next game?.He makes no sense.We will never progress with this guy in charge.

Playing a False 9 was a strange one considering Liverpool have two big physically imposing CB's. Hazard was never going to fair overly well in that contest. I'd have preferred Giroud to have started, or at the very least he should have been the one coming on for CHO. 

22 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

BIEW was replying to Blue Rod, I jumped in on that BIEW post that I replied to and wasn't part of the prior conversation. Wasn't a real need to jump down my throat. ;) 

You still haven't answered what is a quite reasonable question. And nobody 'jumped down your throat''. If you don't want to answer that question, then just say so.

Ham   
12 hours ago, paulw66 said:

All of those bad results, directly in and around extra midweek fixtures. 

Bournemouth, Everton and Liverpool all 0-0 at half time, 0-8 on aggregate - 2nd half fatigue. 

That's so depressing. 

xCELERYx   
28 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

You still haven't answered what is a quite reasonable question. And nobody 'jumped down your throat''. If you don't want to answer that question, then just say so.

As a matter of fact I've answered this question before. My preferred choice right now would be someone like Didier Deschamps if we're after a reputable and established manager with a winning track record. He's probably the best of those we've yet to burn through.

Depending on our transfer ban situation then I'd be also looking at other managers who've got a history of developing younger players. I think that's going to be important if we're unable to utilise the transfer market and to make the most of some of the good talent we do have coming through the club right now. Eddie Howe is an English option if one chooses to go down that path. Gian Piero Gasperini is a more left field option and done well with some less fancied Serie A sides and bringing through some promising players. Has also been very impressive with Atalanta this season. Although, he is 61 years old and that is a bit of a sticking point for me. Erik ten Hag has impressed me with what he's doing with Ajax as well. Frank Lampard and Jody Morris are also a option if we're going to go all in and would please most fans to see back at the club. Julian Nagelsmann was someone else that caught the eye but has already committed himself to RB Leipzig for next season and beyond.

I mean, there's certainly options out there. I'd be holding off on a decision until the end of the season once we know where we stand exactly. Then using that as a basis to assess which direction we're best of heading towards with a managerial option.