• Current Donation Goals

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

I wouldn't disagree with you regarding what we need. However, I do seem to be needing to remind people (again) that we facing a transfer ban, so it's likely that we're not going to be in a position buy anyone. What then?

Like Droy said, maybe we get the window to work in. 

But if you’re right and we probably don’t, then in any case the manager won’t be an issue as I see Arsenal, Man Utd and even Spurs strengthening this summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Like Droy said, maybe we get the window to work in. 

But if you’re right and we probably don’t, then in any case the manager won’t be an issue as I see Arsenal, Man Utd and even Spurs strengthening this summer.

Not sure I see Spurs strengthening, they don't seem to have any money after the stadium build. In fact dropping out of the Top Four could be a pivotal moment for them potentially losing some key players and having even less to spend. Looks like Eriksen is off regardless and they may struggle to adequately replace him without the lure of CL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couple of days late to the party, but think that means the emotional sting isn't as sore. 

We didn't play badly. Not sure I'd argue we played well, but I think we had the right idea about how to go about dealing with Liverpool's press and pace and there were enough marginals where the goals and result could have gone very differently. Very disappointed to concede two so quickly, but difficult to fault our players for Salah's wonderful strike. 

Pains me to say it, but Liverpool really are very good. The kicker for them though is that it's taken them this long and this much money to get this good, and the very best they'll get out of it is one title (City still favourites IMO). 

The FA still don't care about homophobia. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

 

The FA still don't care about homophobia. 

They really don't . 

And the  media doesn't appear to care about us one whit to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

The FA still don't care about homophobia. 

Tbh this weekend is the first time I've even seen it acknowledged seriously. Some journalist tweeted about it, I think Dan Levene, and Liverpools statement on the flare throwing incident added the following - 

The club is also concerned about a chant from some of our fans, specifically referencing Chelsea, as inappropriate and offensive.

‘We would urge all Liverpool supporters to respect each other and stop such chants as they do not reflect the inclusivity that the club stands for.

‘As a proud member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme, we are committed to LGBT equality across all areas of the club and have contacted them and our own affiliated LBGT group Kop Outs for further support.’

The BBC have removed the last LGBT bit and failed to even mention it as homophobic, just offensive chanting. A number of other sites refer to it as 'alleged' chanting but at least it has been acknowledged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Tbh this weekend is the first time I've even seen it acknowledged seriously. Some journalist tweeted about it, I think Dan Levene, and Liverpools statement on the flare throwing incident added the following - 

The club is also concerned about a chant from some of our fans, specifically referencing Chelsea, as inappropriate and offensive.

‘We would urge all Liverpool supporters to respect each other and stop such chants as they do not reflect the inclusivity that the club stands for.

‘As a proud member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme, we are committed to LGBT equality across all areas of the club and have contacted them and our own affiliated LBGT group Kop Outs for further support.’

The BBC have removed the last LGBT bit and failed to even mention it as homophobic, just offensive chanting. A number of other sites refer to it as 'alleged' chanting but at least it has been acknowledged.

Thanks, hadn't seen all of this. 

That the BBC removed that bit is, and I say this in the truest sense, absolutely disgusting. I don't care about it from a Chelsea supporting perspective. It is the erasure and implicit denial of homophobia that enrages and deeply saddens me. 

Liverpool's statement is something, but I think not nearly good enough. I would expect them to be more explicit, I would expect a clearer and unequivocal condemnation of the chant and the individual's singing it (maybe I'm being harsh, but I'm not taken by a mealy-mouthed self-aggrandising 'it's not the Liverpool way' take), and I would expect details of actions to be taken by the club against those responsible.

I have written to Kick It Out (again) expressing to them my disappointment less with Liverpool or the press but with them as an organisation for making no comment whatsoever (again). 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

So every game we will put 11 players behind the ball so we can catch them out on the counter. 

I think you replied to the wrong poster or misread his post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Thanks, hadn't seen all of this. 

That the BBC removed that bit is, and I say this in the truest sense, absolutely disgusting. I don't care about it from a Chelsea supporting perspective. It is the erasure and implicit denial of homophobia that enrages and deeply saddens me. 

Liverpool's statement is something, but I think not nearly good enough. I would expect them to be more explicit, I would expect a clearer and unequivocal condemnation of the chant and the individual's singing it (maybe I'm being harsh, but I'm not taken by a mealy-mouthed self-aggrandising 'it's not the Liverpool way' take), and I would expect details of actions to be taken by the club against those responsible.

I have written to Kick It Out (again) expressing to them my disappointment less with Liverpool or the press but with them as an organisation for making no comment whatsoever (again). 

It seems the larger the amount of offenders the less serious the offence is seen as. This as an example and spurs as another. It is quite bizarre the different manner in which it is reported, a handful of idiots in a bar, or (perhaps incorrectly) lip reading somebody in the stands and its judge, jury and executioner. Thousands of fans shouting homophobic chants witnessed by tens of thousand of others over 10 plus years is reported as 'alleged' with 'offensive' always written in inverted commas. 

Agree with you on the manner of Liverpools statement it was slipped in the end of a statement on the flare and Hillsborough with little mention of the actual issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blue Rod   
23 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Still haven’t said which of those great managers you’d like to replace him....?

That is because I am not a football scout. Neither you nor I brought Sarri to Chelsea. I only started to look at him closely once he became a Chelsea manager. And I think wer can do a lot better than Sarri. The board simply need to send their scout to go out there and come back with a worthy manager. We are heading absolutely nowhere with Sarri.

I watched the football played by the young Ajax team tonight, the movement, the running, the tracking back, all simple things. De Jong was stand out in both legs but not to exceptional level. The rest were just decent players. No player had to do anything exceptional. They did not need a Regista. Europe is full of managers who can play meaningful football. Let no one tell you that we must put up with this dire football because there is no one to replace Sarri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kev61   

I think we need Garth crooks in a advisary role his dulcet tone and his razor sharp analysis could transform the rest of our season!....don't you think?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.