• Current Donation Goals

15 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Like Droy said, maybe we get the window to work in. 

Unlikely, but I guess that anything is possible.. I'm not sure what grounds for appeal we would have beyond this one - it seems pretty clear that we abused the system as much as any club, and a lot more than most. Of course, we could benefit from a delay because of the appeal. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

But if you’re right and we probably don’t, then in any case the manager won’t be an issue as I see Arsenal, Man Utd and even Spurs strengthening this summer.

Potentially, every club around us will strengthen. And we'll have lean on our young guys and the 'loan army' - not a terrible outcome, imo.  Unless Roman throws a hissy fit, or Sarri jacks it in, , I just can't see him being sacked.

6 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Unlikely, but I guess that anything is possible.

What are you basing this on? 

Whether or not we're in the wrong really (perhaps perversely) has nothing to do with whether or not CAS will suspend the ban until the completion of their own appeal process. We have seen that time and time again, in fact I'd say in literally every previous example of such a situation. Even the bans upheld, in full or in part, were suspended. 

It really is far more likely we'll be buying players this summer than we won't.

3 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

What are you basing this on? 

My guess is it is the Christensen comments that allowed for a few cheeky "ban likely" headlines on the same day as we got the FIFA appeal date.  From the start of this the only threat of a Summer 19 ban came from a delayed FIFA appeal.

"deleted"

Edit: Final warning.