• Current Donation Goals

Ham   

He's featuring an awful lot in CFC social media this week and so my guess is that he will get a European cameo as a farewell at some stage if we can get a few goals clear. 

Sciatika   
8 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I wonder if anyone anywhere thinks Cahill will start.

I think he might be given a start.

ZOLA ON CAHILL:

‘Gary is in the squad for tomorrow,’ reported Zola. ‘I still do not know whether he will be on the bench but there is a strong possibility. Gary has been exceptional as a professional, he has always been training very well and so I would be very happy to see him back in the team.

‘It has been a tough year for him because a manager came with different ideas and Toni Rudiger and David Luiz have done so well together, so he found himself in this position, but I can only speak very well about him because in his position considering the type of player he is, he has always been training and behaving perfectly, so he has my respect.’

Stim   
2 hours ago, kev61 said:

Disgraceful misuse of an average player by a dick head  manager.

But it's what you want him to do to Jorginho.

I also doubt him playing Cahill would merit him any favours, as Conte was already getting stick for playing Cahill. It was the right thing to do to use Christensen in the backup CB role. Playing the youth and all that.

Edited by Stim

Blue Rod   
50 minutes ago, Stim said:

But it's what you want him to do to Jorginho.

I also doubt him playing Cahill would merit him any favours, as Conte was already getting stick for playing Cahill. It was the right thing to do to use Christensen in the backup CB role. Playing the youth and all that.

It's not really about who Sarri plays. Cahill has always been an average player. The most noticeable thing about a winning manager is how he breathes life into old players, improves average players, and take star players to new level. Conte did that in his first season with Victor Moses, Cahill and Alonso, to name but a few.

If you need any prove of how abjectly poor Sarri is, just look at the performance of individual players. Not a single player in the entire squad is playing anywhere near their best. Unless you believe they are all conspiring to play poorly, you have to accept that Sarri is a poor manager. We can't even get the basics right. 

I remember being banned for a few months because I told a poster who claimed they did not understand why any Chelsea fans still held sentiment for Mourinho that they were too smart to not get it so must be lying. Just a website and I know MT has a tough job of it so it isn't of any real consequence, but sometimes I read posts on here and do find myself wondering just what the threshold for banning is. 

At a wedding today so can't watch the game. Spurs picked up an injury or two in a real humdinger yesterday, so for me the most important thing tonight is that we are contained and exert as little energy as possible. Getting the worst result that gets us throw will be enough. With Arsenal's away form and Spurs's injuries and CL focus, we must leave enough in the tank for the PL.

• Like 1

Ham   
4 hours ago, kev61 said:

Disgraceful misuse of an average player by a dick head  manager.

47 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

It's not really about who Sarri plays. Cahill has always been an average player. The most noticeable thing about a winning manager is how he breathes life into old players, improves average players, and take star players to new level. Conte did that in his first season with Victor Moses, Cahill and Alonso, to name but a few.

If you need any prove of how abjectly poor Sarri is, just look at the performance of individual players. Not a single player in the entire squad is playing anywhere near their best. Unless you believe they are all conspiring to play poorly, you have to accept that Sarri is a poor manager. We can't even get the basics right. 

Not always been Cahill's biggest fan when in possession under pressure but you're both being massively disrespectful to a wonderful defender and club servant. 

Kev, you seem to be trying your best to get a ban. 

kev61   
14 minutes ago, Ham said:

Not always been Cahill's biggest fan when in possession under pressure but you're both being massively disrespectful to a wonderful defender and club servant. 

Kev, you seem to be trying your best to get a ban. 

Well ham if it happens it happens no big lose for me or anyone else.

I don't see Cahill getting a start tonight, firstly because Franco said he may make the bench, so if he's only a maybe for the bench when we only have 2 other fit CBs then it's very unlikely he'll start and secondly, to throw him in to what is a very important game against an energetic side after him not played for months, just seems crazy!

I expect we'll see:

Kepa

Azpilicueta Christensen Luiz Alonso

Kante Jorginho Kovacic

Pedro Giroud Willian

Subs: Caballero, Cahill, Barkley, RLC, CHO, Hazard, Higuain

I really hope we don't have to bring on Hazard this time and I actually don't think we will - a nice early goal from Giroud and then just control the game.

I also hope Giroud does enough (again) to show the manager why he should be starting ahead of Higuain in the league... doubt Sarri will take much notice though.