• Current Donation Goals

paulw66   
47 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

I was a bit surprised by how confident the pundits were about Juventus beating Ajax.

And now, the pundits are convinced Spurs will beat Ajax, despite Ajax having beaten Real and Juve......... 

Not unlike how all the pundits are confidently predicting a Chelsea V Arsenal final. Total ignorance of the abilities of the other clubs involved. I thought Sparta gave us some problems in the first leg and could easily have been coming into this leg ahead. Any complacency tonight and we may have an unwanted battle on our hands

Ham   
51 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

Not unlike how all the pundits are confidently predicting a Chelsea V Arsenal final. Total ignorance of the abilities of the other clubs involved. I thought Sparta gave us some problems in the first leg and could easily have been coming into this leg ahead. Any complacency tonight and we may have an unwanted battle on our hands

I don't think Sparta did a thing against us in the first leg.  

I'll put money on that too. 

19 minutes ago, Ham said:

I don't think Sparta did a thing against us in the first leg.  

I'll put money on that too. 

I agree.  But at the same time they were a big step up from all the other EL teams we have seen and really made an effort for 60 mins when they tired.

Ham   
26 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I agree.  But at the same time they were a big step up from all the other EL teams we have seen and really made an effort for 60 mins when they tired.

No they didn't. Sparta did nothing at all. Not for a single second. 

27 minutes ago, Ham said:

No they didn't. Sparta did nothing at all. Not for a single second. 

I'm not saying they had serious chances, just that they tried a lot harder than other teams. and would have beaten those team convincingly.
That they were still a long way short of a bottom of Prem team was my point.

They did actually have more shots and more on target shots and more corners than us.  And 43% possession is a lot more than any other EL team I can recall this season.  We beat the last team 8-0.  Malmo we beat 5-1 and they had 27% possession in one game, 28% in the next.  The group teams were no better.

image.thumb.png.9cecc84df8577e676f2bfd2827515825.png

Edited by Droy was my hero

12 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Sparta did nothing

Slavia had some chances 

:-)

Aha.  Was that worth it?  

Sciatika   

I thought it was quite funny. Little things, I suppose...