• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Burnley at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:00  Monday, 22nd April, 2019 (Local UK time/date).

Maurizio Sarri’s side have lost just one Premier League home game so far this season (Leicester in December), and have kept eight clean sheets in our past 11 at Stamford Bridge, conceding three goals in total during this period.

No side has conceded fewer home league goals than the Blues (10, equal with Liverpool).

Maurizio Sarri’s side have won 66 points in the Premier League this season, three more than we had after 34 games of last season.

Thirty-three per cent of Chelsea’s goals in the Premier League this season have been scored in the final 15 minutes (19 out of 57).

xCELERYx   

I expect to see us win this as we're a much better side at home, while Burnley haven't been all that flash away for much of the season. That said, they're a physical side and that may pose a problem if we try to be too cute. 

With Man Utd away next, Watford at home and then Leicester away on the final day, anything less than a win in this one and we're probably going to struggle to finish top 4.

Jasonb   
3 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

I expect to see us win this as we're a much better side at home, while Burnley haven't been all that flash away for much of the season. That said, they're a physical side and that may pose a problem if we try to be too cute. 

With Man Utd away next, Watford at home and then Leicester away on the final day, anything less than a win in this one and we're probably going to struggle to finish top 4.

Yes agree on the need for a win, physical sides have caused us problems in the last two seasons yet our home form is better. Let's hope Sarri and the chaps apply themselves correctly for this one.

After this match we have our only decent break before the season ends, 6 days until Utd.

Well , if as I suspect , they'll want it more than we do , we're screwed. 

5 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

I think it's more clear cut than that; anything less than a win and top 4 is over. 

We can put ourselves in a hugely advantageous tactical position if we go to Old Trafford with the home team needing to win more desperately than us. 

With Spurs losing we must capitalise on it and get three points .

Giroud must start this game .

Team picks itself at this stage based on form and injuries. 

Arrizabalaga; Azpilicueta, Christensen, Luiz, Emerson; Kante, Jorginho, Loftus-Cheek; Pedro, Giroud, Hazard

• Like 1

Jasonb   

Have a feeling we will start with Higuaín and maybe also Barkley, just a feeling......