• Current Donation Goals

Blue Rod   
1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

Being stronger than last season by far after only buying one outfield player and getting the best out of our key players is probably the biggest endorsement I have heard for keeping Sarri as manager. 

It could be Sarri's endorsement. But what is particularly big about that?  Managers are paid £millions to do that, and a lot, lot more. Conte made Moses into 3 times the player he ever was, or would be. Alonso flourished despite his defensive frailties. But managers also have to convert these improvements into a solid team. We are a shambles of a team, saved from humiliation by the individual brilliance of our players. 

37 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

It could be Sarri's endorsement. But what is particularly big about that?  Managers are paid £millions to do that, and a lot, lot more. Conte made Moses into 3 times the player he ever was, or would be. Alonso flourished despite his defensive frailties. But managers also have to convert these improvements into a solid team. We are a shambles of a team, saved from humiliation by the individual brilliance of our players. 

So the manager has

•Made us 'stronger than last season by far'

•Got our best players playing some of the best football of their careers, which when you consider the level of Hazard and Kante that says a lot.

•Got Rudiger playing at his best.

•Got Emerson into the side.

•Kept the ever brilliant,  but coming to the end of his career, Pedro his ever brilliant self

•Got our striker not missing chances, not only for us but also his country.

•Improved on our biggest weakness from last season with his only outfield purchase.

I'll add these 

•Got us third in the league with three games remaining.

•Reached the final of one cup competition and the semi final of another.

•Given three of our brightest youth team players proper regular football.

•Managed a massive squad ridiculously well, all the talk from a few on here about countless players wanting to leave and Sarri having no idea how to use a squd seems a bit silly now.

Just imagine what might happen if he's given a bit of time and money but maybe your right, maybe none of this happened and we are, as you say, a shambles of a team.

2 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Being stronger than last season by far after only buying one outfield player and getting the best out of our key players is probably the biggest endorsement I have heard for keeping Sarri as manager. 

My thoughts exactly. Funny how ones drive to discredit the manager leads to the opposite conslusions! 

48 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Just imagine what might happen if he's given a bit of time and money.

We will get to see Higuain for another season or two :0)

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

chelboy   
1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

So the manager has

•Got our best players playing some of the best football of their careers, which when you consider the level of Hazard and Kante that says a lot.

•Kept the ever brilliant,  but coming to the end of his career, Pedro his ever brilliant self

•Improved on our biggest weakness from last season with his only outfield purchase.

I'll add these 

•Managed a massive squad ridiculously well, all the talk from a few on here about countless players wanting to leave and Sarri having no idea how to use a squd seems a bit silly now.

Just imagine what might happen if he's given a bit of time and money but maybe your right, maybe none of this happened and we are, as you say, a shambles of a team.

Hazard was better in the 14/15 season. His numbers may be higher this season but his form was phenomenal that year. Kante this year might also have more numbers but I don’t think this is the best Kante we have seen.

We are yet to play a decent team in the Europa, our path so far has been very straight forward. The next 3 games in Europa will really show our level in the competition so far. The Carabao cup final was a very good achievement considering the teams we played. 

The bit about giving 3 youth players regular football is laughable. It only took Sarri for his job to be on the line for him to play RLC and CHO more often. CHO and RLC only really started meaningful minutes in March. At one point earlier in the season CHO was even 5th choice as winger and RLC was 3rd choice LCM and 4th choice winger. 

Sarri only really started managing the squad well by mid March. Before that his team selections were pretty poor and still had  a fixed A team and B team. Many of the B team players would never get in to the A team no matter how well they played. Your only remembering Sarri for the past month rather than how he has been since August. I can still see a few players asking to leave because of Sarri. 

If Sarri is given more money and time I can imagine him going for more Napoli players and still trying to bring a Serie A team into the PL which will not work in this league. If Jorginho and Higuain are enough to go by I would rather we looked elsewhere. It will never really sink in with Sarri that we can’t play the Napoli way in this league with what we have. 

paulw66   
4 hours ago, chelboy said:

The bit about giving 3 youth players regular football is laughable. It only took Sarri for his job to be on the line for him to play RLC and CHO more often. CHO and RLC only really started meaningful minutes in March. At one point earlier in the season CHO was even 5th choice as winger and RLC was 3rd choice LCM and 4th choice winger. 

Not at all, particulalrly compared to his predecessors. 

Who was the last manager to give more youth minutes? Ranieiri? when he bought through Terry and Carlton Cole? 

CHO played in a semi final and final in January. How more meaninful do you want to get? For him to be 5th choice winger at the age of 17 is an achievement in itself, particualr behind 3 players with north of 200 international caps, and a 4th who had just gone to the WC with England.  How many other 17 year olds have played more?

RLC has had constant back problems but seems to be getting there. 

How do you know if Sarri's job was on the line, and how do you know that is why he picked those players? All guesswork. 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Who was the last manager to give more youth minutes? Ranieiri? when he bought through Terry and Carlton Cole? 

And Jodie Morris and Huth, and picked GJ as a teenager.

The irony is that come March the club will have made their decision about Sarri, and if there is/were someone else, they'd be tieing him down to a contract already.  March was too late to impress RA (and the whole idea that he expects kids to be picked ahead of their time is silly anyway).

If CHO was ever 5th choice winger, what happened to the 4th choice?

As for RLC, it is pretty clear why he is getting picked now.  It is not because he has played his way in, nor is it because there is any pressure on Sarri.  Kovacic and Barkley have played their way out of the team, and hopefully out of the squad soon.

23 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Except for Kepa, Luiz (hardly played last season), Jorginho. Kovacic, Barkley, Loftus-Cheek, Hudson-Odoi and Higuain

I've often read that Sarri is rigid and stubborn here, so it has tickled me to see his use of players who were available to but completely ignored by his predecessor being used as a criticism of him. 

Tangential points, but still funny. 

kev61   
14 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

So the manager has

I'll add these 

The manager doesn't know what he's doing for a start(you will have to take my word on that)He makes absolutely no sense,  too many examples to mention but the biggest laugh is Jorginho,who trots around like he is warming up on the training ground is Sarri's favourite!

• Confused 1