• Current Donation Goals

6 hours ago, kev61 said:

End of season means release from work for me and a long holiday in portugal.Unfortunately I have been shafted by a client that owes me a fortune.oh the joys of being self employed!.

Not always the wonderful life it's made out to be! Hope you manage to claw something back from the client.

This game was big, but with the results over the weekend it's just got a lot bigger - however, it feels like this has happened to us a few times this season where we've had an opportunity to climb the table/get in to a strong position in terms of top 4 and then we go and fluff our lines.

I fear Sarri will start Higuain tonight and one of Kovacic or Barkley, but I really hope he doesn't. I want the same team as everyone else seems to be saying:

Kepa

Azpi Christensen Luiz Emerson

Kante Jorginho RLC

Pedro Giroud Hazard

We should have more than enough to get the result tonight, as long as we focus and remain professional... just get the job done.

Title race and race for top 4 is fantastic this year, doesn't need any Sky build up to keep people interested this season. My money is on Man City for the title and as for top 4 I think it'll be Spurs plus Chelsea or Arsenal... fingers crossed!

Jasonb   

Expecting a close win, as you say above he will not play the obvious players yet those favourite to his system and known so well by the rest of the league. The hope we have is that he changes the personnel around the 70 min mark.  I was hoping we could go for GD instead expect a cagey affair and a victory by a single goal.

Looks very much like we will end up 5th to me. Spurs and Arsenal’s run-ins are certainly easier than ours or Utds, although I would expect/hope for them both to drop points in one more game each. Arsenal’s GD advantage over us is more likely to increase further than decrease. I think we will actually need to win all 4 games to get 4th and I see Utd and/or Leicester both scuppering that fanciful scenario.

40 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Looks very much like we will end up 5th to me. Spurs and Arsenal’s run-ins are certainly easier than ours or Utds, although I would expect/hope for them both to drop points in one more game each. Arsenal’s GD advantage over us is more likely to increase further than decrease. I think we will actually need to win all 4 games to get 4th and I see Utd and/or Leicester both scuppering that fanciful scenario.

It's do-or-die for Arsenal this week. They'll destroy Brighton at the Emirates and I'd back them against a likely safe Burnley on the final day of the season, but Wolves and Leicester away are exactly the sort of games they have lost this season. I think they need points from those tougher games to make it. Difficulty is knowing where the Wolves and Leicester squads are at mentally; a month ago I'd have backed both to win at home but with so little left to keep them motivated it's a tougher call. 

I think we have it 'in our hands'; 10 points from 12 and we will be top 4 IMO. I have much less faith we'll get those 10 points. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

It's do-or-die for Arsenal this week. They'll destroy Brighton at the Emirates and I'd back them against a likely safe Burnley on the final day of the season, but Wolves and Leicester away are exactly the sort of games they have lost this season. I think they need points from those tougher games to make it. Difficulty is knowing where the Wolves and Leicester squads are at mentally; a month ago I'd have backed both to win at home but with so little left to keep them motivated it's a tougher call. 

I think we have it 'in our hands'; 10 points from 12 and we will be top 4 IMO. I have much less faith we'll get those 10 points. 

Leicester I think will be still up for it as they playing to impress their new manager. For me this is one of the reasons why I do not see us winning there. Tbh, I can see us only getting one win from our last four games. 

2-1 win tonight I think it’s going to be a struggle most probably fantastic first half then shocking 2nd can’t mess it up tonight after the weekend results went in are way

BlueFizz   

I’d like to see RLC start but think we’ll see whoever had fewest mins against Slava, then changes.

For me, attitude of crowd is key - heading to game early hoping for 90-mins loud, positive, standing-up support - but rather dreading the usual whining in my part of MHL.

Tip us to win though.

That’s the team I would’ve chosen. Now just have to hope Sarri stays away from them at halftime. 

• Like 1