• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Manchester United 1 Chelsea 1

5 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Honestly, it seems like the Premier League is a distraction to this group. I’m not necessarily saying that’s a bad thing either if it means we focus on the Europa league and qualify for the UCL via that route.

Obviously we would all like to beat United but even by beating them it’s not really in our own hands. I would say to hell with it and focus on Europa League. We already lost Rudiger, Kante and Odoi during league games. We have got to be realistic here.

Hate saying it, but it’s the reality and we do look very average as a team.

I think it is fair to assume 4th place is beyond us now. I just cannot see how we are going to beat Arsenal, or even Frankfurt over 2 legs, given that our defence has one leg tied behind its back.

41 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

I think it is fair to assume 4th place is beyond us now. I just cannot see how we are going to beat Arsenal, or even Frankfurt over 2 legs, given that our defence has one leg tied behind its back.

Happy to be proven wrong but I agree wholeheartedly , I have no confidence in them whatsoever.

paulw66   
41 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

And the Arsenal defence looks rock solid 

1 hour ago, McCreadie said:

It's depressing in its own way, but I don't think this is quite true yet. Our final fate IMO is in Arsenal’s hands tonight; if they lose at Wolves (perfectly plausible, they're absolute clowns like us), then we can put ourselves in the driving seat by beating United. 

I almost think the most likely outcome is that Arsenal do lose tonight, and we then either don't take advantage on Sunday or do only to then lose against Watford. It's not really about any of the also-rans bottling chances IMO, just about none of them being good enough to pull away regardless of what the opposition are doing. I am very confident Arsenal and United will not be getting many more points. It's just we won't be either. 

7 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

It's depressing in its own way, but I don't think this is quite true yet. Our final fate IMO is in Arsenal’s hands tonight; if they lose at Wolves (perfectly plausible, they're absolute clowns like us), then we can put ourselves in the driving seat by beating United. 

I almost think the most likely outcome is that Arsenal do lose tonight, and we then either don't take advantage on Sunday or do only to then lose against Watford. It's not really about any of the also-rans bottling chances IMO, just about none of them being good enough to pull away regardless of what the opposition are doing. I am very confident Arsenal and United will not be getting many more points. It's just we won't be either. 

Hmm, I think you might be right, which is even worse.

asvaberg   
53 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Well....

Arsenal have Burnley away in the last game. 

Many possible scenarios but we badly need all 9 points in the 3 remaining games.

3 hours ago, asvaberg said:

Well....

Arsenal have Burnley away in the last game.

Will be fascinating to see the difference in the level of Burnley's performance for that one.

paulw66   
36 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Will be fascinating to see the difference in the level of Burnley's performance for that one.

and refereeing 

Leo91   
6 hours ago, paulw66 said:

And the Arsenal defence looks rock solid 

Baffling team. Awful away from home and then beat Watford and Napoli without conceding. Then with their amazing home form, lose 2-3 to Palace. Bonkers of a season.