• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Manchester United 1 Chelsea 1

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Manchester United at Old Trafford, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 16:30, Sunday 28th April, 2019 (Local UK time/date).

Sea foot   

This is the one!!

What happens here cements our place one way or another.

It all depends which Chelsea team and which United team turn up.

United are rotten. We should never have been in a situation where we needed a last minute equaliser against them at home. I expect City to batter them and for them to be desperate for a win against us. That would be a huge tactical advantage for us. 

23 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

United are rotten. We should never have been in a situation where we needed a last minute equaliser against them at home. I expect City to batter them and for them to be desperate for a win against us. That would be a huge tactical advantage for us. 

I don't think anything matters about Man U now.  Half of them are more bothered about moving on to get away from the other half.  Arguably JM wanted out, and OGS perhaps wants out now.  Plenty of harsh truths being said by G Neville and others, and this is not a team that will respond well to that.

Arsenal a goal down at Palace at h/t.  That really is promising news, I know Man U and Spurs players will choke.  Arsenal no longer have Wenger as manager.

Edited by Droy was my hero

Full week of preparation. We tend to do better when we don't have European football between these fixtures. 

After last night's debacle I'm not sure we will get in the top four even if we win all the remaining games. 

This game has little meaning if Arsenal beat Wolves tomorrow, top 4 will be over at that point and the players and manager only have themselves to blame.

Coming 5th behind the other 4 teams isn't massively shameful as they're all good sides, but it's the manner in which we've done it. We've had SO many opportunities to get comfortable into the top 4 and every time we have choked.

Leo91   

Think I'll watch the Snooker thanks. 

14 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

This game has little meaning if Arsenal beat Wolves tomorrow, top 4 will be over at that point and the players and manager only have themselves to blame.

Coming 5th behind the other 4 teams isn't massively shameful as they're all good sides, but it's the manner in which we've done it. We've had SO many opportunities to get comfortable into the top 4 and every time we have choked.

Honestly, it seems like the Premier League is a distraction to this group. I’m not necessarily saying that’s a bad thing either if it means we focus on the Europa league and qualify for the UCL via that route.

Obviously we would all like to beat United but even by beating them it’s not really in our own hands. I would say to hell with it and focus on Europa League. We already lost Rudiger, Kante and Odoi during league games. We have got to be realistic here.

Hate saying it, but it’s the reality and we do look very average as a team.

18 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yep. We’ve messed up dearly by not having it in our hands (AGAIN!).