• Current Donation Goals

Recommended Posts

BlueFizz   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

My suspicion is that the players want to qualify for the Champions League by dint of winning this competition , especially Hazard who I suspect wants to leave a "European champion" to some degree.

Personally , I don't think we're good enough to win it , the players on a good day possibly , the coach , not in my opinion .

We should at least see Giroud come back and Hazard appears more interested when he has him as a target man .

Keeping a clean sheet will be the real test .

To win a cup you have to be lucky enough as much as good enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Yes, if we lose all our games, we are worse than we are now. The same can be said of any team ever. 

I would wager you have barely seen Frankfurt play, but there you go. You seem to know about their strengths and how they play. 

Amazing you are talking about Arsenal in the same sentence you are talking about OUR shakey defence 

So if we finish  fourth we're miraculously better than if we finish sixth ? What happens if Arsenal finish forth , should we bother turning up ?

 Goals win games Paul , Arsenal have two excellent goal scorers , we have two who don't . 

You never know , maybe Frankfurt won't practise set pieces and give us a fighting chance , what they do like is to cut the ball back into the box  and we all know how good we are in those situations as we scamper backwards panicking . And they have a decent striker. 

As for seeing them play , I've watched the highlights , they're a decent side , resilient and well organised . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Amazing you are talking about Arsenal in the same sentence you are talking about OUR shakey defence 

Would be an amazing final - finishing perhaps 6-5 to one side or the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
20 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

 

 Goals win games Paul , Arsenal have two excellent goal scorers , we have two who don't . 

 

Conceding goals also costs you games. Our shakey defence has conceded 10 less than theirs. 

FWIW, I think an Arsenal - Chelsea final would be as close to a 50/50 call as you could get. I don't see anyone could argue strongly in favour of either based on what we have seen this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Conceding goals also costs you games. Our shakey defence has conceded 10 less than theirs. 

FWIW, I think an Arsenal - Chelsea final would be as close to a 50/50 call as you could get. I don't see anyone could argue strongly in favour of either based on what we have seen this season. 

Listen , I hear , you , two poor sides imho .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Won't be an easy game this, so feel we need a strong side (but obviously still with one eye on a very important game on Sunday... tricky. For me I would plan the next two games like this:

 

v Frankfurt

Kepa

Azpi Christensen Luiz Emerson

Kante Jorginho Barkley

Pedro Giroud Hazard

Subs: Caballero, Cahill, Zappacosta, Kovacic, RLC, Willian, Higuain

 

v Watford

Kepa

Azpi Christensen Luiz Alonso

Kante Jorginho RLC

Willian Giroud Hazard

Subs: Caballero, Cahill, Zappacosta, Kovacic, Barkley, Pedro, Higuain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Goals win games Paul , Arsenal have two excellent goal scorers , we have two who don't. 

That would explain why Arsenal have won more games than us this sea... Oh wait. Well, maybe last sea... Oh, not then either. 

A collective madness seems to have descended here recently. It's been a stressful season, we all deserve the coming break. 

I know one thing about Frankfurt; they have a player called Nelson Mandela. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

That would explain why Arsenal have won more games than us this sea... Oh wait. Well, maybe last sea... Oh, not then either. 

A collective madness seems to have descended here recently. It's been a stressful season, we all deserve the coming break. 

I know one thing about Frankfurt; they have a player called Nelson Mandela. 

If he gets sent off, there must be a "long walk" comment to be made 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

That would explain why Arsenal have won more games than us this sea... Oh wait. Well, maybe last sea... Oh, not then either. 

A collective madness seems to have descended here recently. It's been a stressful season, we all deserve the coming break. 

I know one thing about Frankfurt; they have a player called Nelson Mandela. 

I think in fairness it's just me going overboard ... I dunno , that United game was the tipping point for my heart/brain I think .

Luka Jovic is the player to watch , he's a really decent striker. 

Edited by Mark Kelly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.