• Current Donation Goals

4 minutes ago, chelboy said:

We can go 3rd tomorrow and still finish 5th by next weekend. Strange top 4 race. I don’t see us winning both of the last 2 games so we are going to need favours from others. On the last day I can imagine 3rd-5th positions changing like 5 or 6 times. Real drama. 

You never know. A lot of the other teams are treated with more optimism than we treat our team. 

I mean, Liverpool look unlikely to win jack sh*t for what the 10th straight year? And they seem pretty jolly. Spurs as well.

Leo91   

Why. Why do you do this to us. What a chance gifted to us. Do not balls this up.

4 minutes ago, Never happy said:

One of the worst performances by a team against 9 men for 43 mins, sure Bournemouth won it in the 91st min, but the manager was clueless.

I think Eddie Howe wasn’t bothered to win the game but thankfully for us, his players - playing with nothing but pride on the line - wanted the win for their fans being their last home game of the season. 

6 minutes ago, johnboy said:

I thought exactly the same. How did we lose 4-0 to them? Don’t answer that,I know.

Because we have an inept manager that sticks to his "philosophy" regardless. 

Edited by Conte Kante

6 minutes ago, johnboy said:

I thought exactly the same. How did we lose 4-0 to them? Don’t answer that,I know.

Counter attack, plus poor defending overall. We dominated the first 60 mins with Kovacic hitting the bar early in the first half. ... then they scored one and our boys folded. 

chelboy   
28 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

You never know. A lot of the other teams are treated with more optimism than we treat our team. 

I mean, Liverpool look unlikely to win jack sh*t for what the 10th straight year? And they seem pretty jolly. Spurs as well.

It’s not really anything to do with other teams. We usually struggle in the fixtures that are after a EL game. I think we are yet to win a PL game after EL games or something like that. Leicester away is a hard enough fixture on its own but with a make or break tie 3 days before it might be too much for this team. It will be incredible if we do, but I do not see us winning all 3 games next week. 

I think it might be time for us to call in a favor from Leicester, after all we did help them out big time against Spurs a few years back when they won the title :)

Come on Cardiff!

This is because if Cardiff win , Brighton will have something to play for tomorrow against arsenal. And I don’t have any confidence in us winning this game or the final one.

• Like 1

BlueFizz   
2 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

Because we have an inept manager that sticks to his "philosophy" regardless. 

Under Conte, I heard plenty calling for 2 up front in must-win games, questioning a deep 2 (Matic and Kante) at home, ditto a back three. 

There were also moans about the need for a 2 in our 4231 under Jose Mk2.

The reality is, many coaches adjust within a preferred notional formation. And at least twice this season we have gone 4 at the back at points in games.

I always remember what Hiddink said first time around: words to the effect that - fans are obsessed with formations, coaches more concerned with depth of block or press, tactics in transition etc.

I’m not giving Sarri a free pass - but he’s not much worse in his convictions than many other (and more successful coaches). 

For me, the issue is dynamics and momentum, not formation - we play, despite our regular set-backs, with too much complacency.

It won’t be 4-3-3 loses us the game or wins us the game tomorrow - but hunger, passion, focus, effort (or lack of).

Edited by BlueFizz