• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 3 Watford 0

BlueFizz   
1 hour ago, chelboy said:

It’s not really anything to do with other teams. We usually struggle in the fixtures that are after a EL game. I think we are yet to win a PL game after EL games or something like that. Leicester away is a hard enough fixture on its own but with a make or break tie 3 days before it might be too much for this team. It will be incredible if we do, but I do not see us winning all 3 games next week. 

I don’t see Arsenal winning all three of theirs either.

Well you lot are a jolly bunch aren't you?

Last home game of the season is always something to look forward to and guaranteed to be a banging atmosphere. I can't wait and unlike most have absolutely no doubt we will beat them and think it will be comfortable too. All this talk of them being this that and the other is utter bollox, they are the epitome of an average premier league team and have a cup final to play in a couple of weeks so will be going into this game without a care in the world for the result.

On a sadder note it will probably be the last time I will see Hazard at the Bridge, I fully expect him to give us one of his mesmerising performances as a send off. Will be interesting to see how he reacts at the end.

Also will be the last home game for the legend that is Gary Cahill, I hope I'm right about how easy the game will be and he gets on the pitch at some point just so we can give him the ovation he deserves. 

Gonna be a very emotional day and I'm gonna enjoy every second of it.

Ham   
46 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Well you lot are a jolly bunch aren't you?

Last home game of the season is always something to look forward to and guaranteed to be a banging atmosphere. I can't wait and unlike most have absolutely no doubt we will beat them and think it will be comfortable too. All this talk of them being this that and the other is utter bollox, they are the epitome of an average premier league team and have a cup final to play in a couple of weeks so will be going into this game without a care in the world for the result.

On a sadder note it will probably be the last time I will see Hazard at the Bridge, I fully expect him to give us one of his mesmerising performances as a send off. Will be interesting to see how he reacts at the end.

Also will be the last home game for the legend that is Gary Cahill, I hope I'm right about how easy the game will be and he gets on the pitch at some point just so we can give him the ovation he deserves. 

Gonna be a very emotional day and I'm gonna enjoy every second of it.

Well said. 👍

2 hours ago, BlueFizz said:

Under Conte, I heard plenty calling for 2 up front in must-win games, questioning a deep 2 (Matic and Kante) at home, ditto a back three. 

There were also moans about the need for a 2 in our 4231 under Jose Mk2.

The reality is, many coaches adjust within a preferred notional formation. And at least twice this season we have gone 4 at the back at points in games.

I always remember what Hiddink said first time around: words to the effect that - fans are obsessed with formations, coaches more concerned with depth of block or press, tactics in transition etc.

I’m not giving Sarri a free pass - but he’s not much worse in his convictions than many other (and more successful coaches). 

For me, the issue is dynamics and momentum, not formation - we play, despite our regular set-backs, with too much complacency.

It won’t be 4-3-3 loses us the game or wins us the game tomorrow - but hunger, passion, focus, effort (or lack of).

But therein lies the problem. Who exactly is allowing us to play football like an over-60's team with the players walking about playing sideways/backwards passes all the time. From my perspective Sarri is happy with the slow playing football that means we keep the ball for 65%+ of the time as he is a manager that prioritises that above all else. This is also before we get to his inability to set the team up properly to defend set pieces. 

1 hour ago, Leo91 said:

I hope Martin is right.

I think we all hope Martin is right !

Rafa doing his best to let Liverpool win, defending so far up the pitch allowing Liverpool to put the ball in behind them with ease

Leo91   

So many of Liverpools goals come from set-piece deliveries and crosses.

9 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

So many of Liverpools goals come from set-piece deliveries and crosses.

Set piece goals are for losers , that's why we don't bother working on scoring or defending them.

kev61   

Kepa

Azpi            Christensen     Luiz         Emerson

Pedro        Kante             Hazard       Willian

Giroud             Alonso