• Current Donation Goals

kev61   
2 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Kepa

Azpi            Christensen     Luiz         Emerson

Pedro        Kante             Hazard       Willian

Giroud             Alonso

Radical, but would love to see it with what we have.

54 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Kepa

Azpi            Christensen     Luiz         Emerson

Pedro        Kante             Hazard       Willian

Giroud             Alonso

Sorry Kev, but there's not a chance that we'll suddenly switch to 4-4-2, and/or play Alonso as a second striker. Thankfully......:).

kev61   
1 minute ago, Michael Tucker said:

Sorry Kev, but there's not a chance that we'll suddenly switch to 4-4-2, and/or play Alonso as a second striker. Thankfully......:).

I know that Michael but why not? - stick with a midfield that is dysfunctional and a centre forward that gets no service? - we need to think outside the box( arghhh a cliche!).Modern day football drives me nuts and that includes managers and players.

47 minutes ago, kev61 said:

I know that Michael but why not?

I'd suggest Kev, that it's a bit like throwing the baby out with the bath water.

- stick with a midfield that is dysfunctional

Well, I'd disagree that our current midfield is 'dysfunctional, for a start. 

and a centre forward that gets no service?

This I agree with. And usually it's not great service even when it does happen.

BlueFizz   
11 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

But therein lies the problem. Who exactly is allowing us to play football like an over-60's team with the players walking about playing sideways/backwards passes all the time. From my perspective Sarri is happy with the slow playing football that means we keep the ball for 65%+ of the time as he is a manager that prioritises that above all else. This is also before we get to his inability to set the team up properly to defend set pieces. 

That is indeed the problem - but, personally, I don’t think Sarri is happy with the pace. Possession yes, but not pace. If his Napoli team were notable for anything it was ‘speed’ of retained possession, lots of vertical balls through the lines. I think his continuing frustration is, as ours is, with the slow pace.

We can debate whether or not he should have coached this into the players by now. He clearly hasn’t - too many touches, too many square balls, too much of what Jose used to call ‘resting with the ball’.

BlueFizz   
6 hours ago, kev61 said:

I know that Michael but why not? - stick with a midfield that is dysfunctional and a centre forward that gets no service? - we need to think outside the box( arghhh a cliche!).Modern day football drives me nuts and that includes managers and players.

‘Modern day football’ - it drives every terrace and telly fan mad. It would be great comedy tv to see a team that followed the typical instructions from the stands - “stick two up front’, ‘get stuck in’, ‘get it up there’ etc - play a typical modern team.

Fun. But I think the modern football team would dominate possession and win by a big score.

What was it Jose said - something like, ‘football looks easy to everyone except the professionals who work in it.’

I think Alonso as a second striker would be somewhere between Tony Cascarino and David Mitchell.

xCELERYx   

Was going to post this in the Garry Cahill thread but it's been closed. 

Gary Cahill's bitter-sweet farewell to Chelsea: 'I leave with my head held high'

A consummate professional since his arrival, particularly through this season and how poorly he's been treated. One of our best purchases in terms of value for money, and played a big part in some of our success. I for one will be sad to see Cahill leave, been one of my favourite players and I'd like to see him back at the club once his playing career ends. For now, I wish him nothing but the best with whatever happens moving forward. Hopefully he'll get one final run out against Watford, although I won't hold my breath. Thanks Gazza! 

12 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Was going to post this in the Garry Cahill thread but it's been closed. 

Gary Cahill's bitter-sweet farewell to Chelsea: 'I leave with my head held high'

A consummate professional since his arrival, particularly through this season and how poorly he's been treated. One of our best purchases in terms of value for money, and played a big part in some of our success. I for one will be sad to see Cahill leave, been one of my favourite players and I'd like to see him back at the club once his playing career ends. For now, I wish him nothing but the best with whatever happens moving forward. Hopefully he'll get one final run out against Watford, although I won't hold my breath. Thanks Gazza! 

Here here. I would like to see Ivanovic back as well for a massive thank you. I think we would all be a lot more confident today if Branislav was in the team. 

BlueFizz   
4 minutes ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

Here here. I would like to see Ivanovic back as well for a massive thank you. I think we would all be a lot more confident today if Branislav was in the team. 

I think I’d be just as twitchy if Brana was playing - unless in his prime. I’d be happy with Cahill up against Deeney but not Delofeu.

Will Watford be in ‘earn your cup final place’ mode or ‘don’t go crazy two weeks before the cup final’? mode?

I guess it will vary player to player.

3-1 victory today scoring early hazard with the goal Watford  to score a equaliser on a corner then squeaky bum time until the last 15 when Loftus cheek scores a cracker and hazard finishes the game in the dying minutes with a penalty