• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Eintracht Frankfurt 1 (Chelsea win on penalties)

Ham   
3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

United won it to secure CL qualification, which was why for them it was such a big deal. 

Hopefully we will be able to prevent Arsenal doing the same 

Well assuming we get through to the final against them, one of the two teams will be under a lot less pressure.

I can see their players being very nervous and we know from recent results what they're like under pressure.

Suddenly games have so much pressure attached to them, which is nice! I see nothing but a Chelsea win here - they looked exhausted in the second half of the first leg, so for me it is just a case of us controlling the game and taking a couple of our chances. Team picks itself for me:

Kepa

Azpi Christensen Luiz Emerson

Kovacic Jorginho RLC

Willian Giroud Hazard

Subs: Caballero, Cahill, Alonso, Zappacosta, Barkley, Pedro, Higuain

Sir   

Hoping the team/Sarri will have learned a lot from the Prague game at the bridge, and what an utter mess we made of that. Frankfurt not going to be easy but hoping we’ll make it through and in to the final. Would love to win it, and, actually predicted we would in the predictions :D

In light of an all English CL final and Arsenal being all but through already, does anyone else get the feeling that there is no way on Earth we are going to be allowed to progress to the EL final tomorrow night, or is it just me?

Lets hope our brain dead "footballers" have been paying attention to what has happened over the last couple of nights and properly turn up for this and the Leicester game at the weekend .

This game is easily winnable if we work hard and run about a bit , two things that are like garlic and crucifixes to a vampire where our lot are concerned.

I think we all think that UEFA are going to do an Overbro on us , I think Arsenal are too far ahead for "comedy" refereeing to have an effect on them so it'll be us on the end of it I expect.

I just don't want to be the only English semi finalist to not make it to the final. It's also my little man's first European semi, so please don't **** this up. 

Can't wait

bert19   
2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Lets hope our brain dead "footballers" have been paying attention to what has happened over the last couple of nights and properly turn up for this and the Leicester game at the weekend .

This game is easily winnable if we work hard and run about a bit , two things that are like garlic and crucifixes to a vampire where our lot are concerned.

I think we all think that UEFA are going to do an Overbro on us , I think Arsenal are too far ahead for "comedy" refereeing to have an effect on them so it'll be us on the end of it I expect.

I also have a horrible feeling that there will be something coming our way tonight.  This week has been bad enough, could really do without it. 

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

The last 2, even 3, nights of football have shown exactly what we have been lacking. That determination and will to win. In our quest for fancy football we have lost the brute power and winning mentality that was a hallmark of Chelsea for over a decade. Too many wet cabbages as somebody, I think Jane, has described them as.

BlueFizz   
11 hours ago, McCreadie said:

In light of an all English CL final and Arsenal being all but through already, does anyone else get the feeling that there is no way on Earth we are going to be allowed to progress to the EL final tomorrow night, or is it just me?

I don't buy that.

The most likely reason we don't excel tonight is - dead atmosphere, large parts of crowd (certainly those around me) moaning about Sarri, Jorginho etc. - waiting to be impressed before they make any noise - end result, team not lifted

The second most likely reason is that added to the first most likely reason, we play in a 'not sure whether to go for it/hold it' way - oddly, being 'out' after the first leg makes a team's mind up. Being just ahead or level is tactically a bit harder

The least likely reason is that UEFA 'cheat' us out of our rightful place - I think they would have rigged the CL if they thought this way - the EL is too low profile (IMO)

Plus - I think they'll take greater pleasure in our 'ban'.