• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Leicester City at King Power Stadium, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00, Sunday 12th May, 2019 (Local UK time/date).

Ham   

Finishing above the Spuds, assuming they don't win the CL, would be poetry. Especially if we also win the EL. 

MUST WIN.

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Finishing above the Spuds, assuming they don't win the CL, would be poetry. Especially if we also win the EL. 

MUST WIN.

Every game is a must win but this one really is... 

Finishing above Spurs is imperative! Obviously we have to bag the three points! 

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

Every game is a must win but this one really is... 

Finishing above Spurs is imperative! Obviously we have to bag the three points! 

CL place is secure so I expect Sarri to rest players ahead of the game in the states on Wednesday 😳

Decent rest time between now and the EL final, presuming Sarri doesn't take first-team players out to the US (honestly, what an awful move by the club to set up that game!!). We must finish above Spurs and I think we will regardless as I expect them to drop points again. Kante is not fit for this and RLC and Christensen are doubts and I would expect they'll be left on the bench as a precaution.

Kepa

Zappa Azpi Luiz Alonso

Kovacic Jorginho Barkley

Willian Higuain Hazard

Subs: Caballero, Christensen, Cahill, Emerson, RLC, Pedro, Giroud

Imagine that Spurs come fourth in a three horse race ?

Must win .

Don't leave gaps for Vardy to run into please.

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Decent rest time between now and the EL final, presuming Sarri doesn't take first-team players out to the US (honestly, what an awful move by the club to set up that game!!). We must finish above Spurs and I think we will regardless as I expect them to drop points again. Kante is not fit for this and RLC and Christensen are doubts and I would expect they'll be left on the bench as a precaution.

Kepa

Zappa Azpi Luiz Alonso

Kovacic Jorginho Barkley

Willian Higuain Hazard

Subs: Caballero, Christensen, Cahill, Emerson, RLC, Pedro, Giroud

I think we are contractually obliged to play some/all of the first team in the US, so I can see him resting a fee for this one as the travel will be a killer alone. London>Boston>London>Baku all in a matter of 10 days. 

58 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Must win .

Don't leave gaps for Vardy to run into please.

Even better if Spuds finish 5th and do not win the CL. However, unless they have a complete meltdown today and Le Arse go goal crazy, it is not going to happen. 

As for my team, I expect to see quite a few players rested: 

Kepa 

Zappa Cahill Luiz Alonso 

Kova

Barkley RLC 

Willian Higs Pedro

Against the grain here... This game doesn't matter even a jot. My understanding is all top 4 teams go straight to the CL group stage, and we've got a European final coming up (which doubles as an opportunity to deny a direct rival a platform to build from) after an idiotic US trip. If it was an option I'd send out the U17s. 

As for finishing above Spurs... Two players suspended, more injured, dreadful recent PL form, a knackering battle a few days ago, a CL final on the horizon to prepare ... I'm not sure we'll need anything from this to finish above them. 

Leicester are decent, and frankly we've been awful in any recent final day game that nothing hinged on. I don't expect a win in the circumstances. 

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

:)

I can't see Spurs summoning up the effort to win, and the almost never draw.  

1 hour ago, Conte Kante said:

I think we are contractually obliged to play some/all of the first team in the US, so I can see him resting a fee for this one as the travel will be a killer alone. London>Boston>London>Baku all in a matter of 10 days. 

Even better if Spuds finish 5th and do not win the CL. However, unless they have a complete meltdown today and Le Arse go goal crazy, it is not going to happen. 

As for my team, I expect to see quite a few players rested: 

Kepa 

Zappa Cahill Luiz Alonso 

Kova

Barkley RLC 

Willian Higs Pedro

You are probably right and it's just ridiculous - surely the club was confident of us making the final of EL and therefore knew how much of an impact having this fixture at this time would make. Sadly, the advantage to Arsenal at this point