• Current Donation Goals

24 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Me and my Dad are going. 

My Dad was at Stockholm and we were both at Moscow. Another chapter in our fanaticism for this club. 

I’m a rare example of someone that is actually interested in seeing Azerbaijan. We’re Turkish, and Azerbaijani people are basically the same ethnicity as us, their language is 90% mutually intelligible with ours (grammatical structure is the same, it’s just differences in vocab and accent) and historically they called themselves Turks but the Turkish part of their identity was played down and “Azerbaijani” identity played up by their Russian rulers to avoid possible unity with Turkey (classic divide and conquer). 

So it will be weird to be in a foreign country where we know the language and can easily communicate with the locals. 

Though of course I understand and appreciate the criticisms of the logistical nightmare that the host selection has caused. 

Adds a whole new meaning to “wherever they go, we’ll follow our team” in Blue Flag, “We all follow the Chelsea over land and sea” and “Carefree, wherever you may be”. 

CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE! WE’VE DONE IT BEFORE!

Good luck mate , have a safe journey and bring back that trophy !

JaneB   
1 hour ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Me and my Dad are going. 

My Dad was at Stockholm and we were both at Moscow. Another chapter in our fanaticism for this club. 

I’m a rare example of someone that is actually interested in seeing Azerbaijan. We’re Turkish, and Azerbaijani people are basically the same ethnicity as us, their language is 90% mutually intelligible with ours (grammatical structure is the same, it’s just differences in vocab and accent) and historically they called themselves Turks but the Turkish part of their identity was played down and “Azerbaijani” identity played up by their Russian rulers to avoid possible unity with Turkey (classic divide and conquer). 

So it will be weird to be in a foreign country where we know the language and can easily communicate with the locals. 

Though of course I understand and appreciate the criticisms of the logistical nightmare that the host selection has caused. 

Adds a whole new meaning to “wherever they go, we’ll follow our team” in Blue Flag, “We all follow the Chelsea over land and sea” and “Carefree, wherever you may be”. 

Really interesting post, thank you. Hope Chelsea make the trip worth your while! Safe journey from me too.

JaneB   

Quite random but I haven't seen Sea foot on here for a few weeks. Hope you're ok 🙂

4 hours ago, JaneB said:

Quite random but I haven't seen Sea foot on here for a few weeks. Hope you're ok 🙂

Everything looks ok Jane, and I haven't heard anything.

JaneB   
22 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Everything looks ok Jane, and I haven't heard anything.

Thanks Michael. I miss our regulars on here.......well most of them 🙊

paulw66   
15 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Me and my Dad are going. 

I would love to have gone. Have never been to that part of the world, and if it was practical and affordable to go for 2 nights, Tuesday to Thursday, I would have been keen. 

As it is, with a 10 month old, and a partner on maternity leave, spending £1k just to fly there, or a bit less but having to take a week off, taking various indirect flights, and still costing a fortune, it was an absolute non starter. This comes 2 weeks after paying £940 to renew my season ticket for next year!

I have a friend I know through work has been offered a corporate ticket and overnight hotel stay through a client, and he's still not going for the same reasons as me. 

The UEFA statement says it all - both teams have a low allocation as they know how difficult it is for fans to go there. 

Holymoly   

2ab4e9d.thumb.jpg.59a51ed05cf13074b6eb38f6e5d8907e.jpg

Holymoly   
16 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

The UEFA statement says it all - both teams have a low allocation as they know how difficult it is for fans to go there. 

So how to the rest get there or is it just going to be 12k Londoners?

paulw66   
18 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

So how to the rest get there or is it just going to be 12k Londoners?

Going to be corporates and sponsors 

I'm wondering what kind of effect this friendly in America will have fatigue wise? On the positive side it keeps the squad active and at least a bit sharp but surely the extra travel isn't very wise. Back and forth to America then onwards to Baku with little rest in between.