• Current Donation Goals

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

You haven't stopped pissing and moaning about Conte and the worst football you've ever seen all season...

The hypocrisy of some on here is hilarious at times isn't it. It's a shame that the last few seasons has seen a large number of posters unable to have an intelligent balanced conversation, rather preferring to base every comment on their opinion of the previous manager, which was based on their opinion of the manager before that. The more sensible posters are shouted out of nearly every topic by those desperate for their extreme view to be proved 'right'

1 hour ago, Ham said:

On Higuain, not the first time he's had a rant at his teammates this week.  

The tizzy he threw earlier this week was cringeworthy and embarrassing, he also through a strop when being subbed once. Seems like a bit of a fool tbh, hope we see the back of him.

39 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Has the squad harmony ever been worse ? Never seen it like this. No wonder we crack in tough games. Honestly can't see how we win tomorrow.

Less than impressed with the way Sarri has a tendency to blow his fuse on a regular basis, it's not the mentality of a leader. Dare I say it, almost spurs like.  Particularly not well suited to our current snowflake playing squad. Zola is a lovely chap and a gent but I don't get the impression he is much of a motivator either.

1 minute ago, Lump Of Celery said:

The hypocrisy of some on here is hilarious at times isn't it. It's a shame that the last few seasons has seen a large number of posters unable to have an intelligent balanced conversation, rather preferring to base every comment on their opinion of the previous manager, which was based on their opinion of the manager before that. The more sensible posters are shouted out of nearly every topic by those desperate for their extreme view to be proved 'right' 

Give over, you're describing virtually all of the at most dozen or so regular posters left here (myself included). It's probably half-fair to talk about two broad camps here but weird to pretend that one is more sensible or less confrontational than the other.

Then again, we do tend to overestimate the qualities of people who think similar things to us... 

9 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Give over, you're describing virtually all of the at most dozen or so regular posters left here (myself included). It's probably half-fair to talk about two broad camps here but weird to pretend that one is more sensible or less confrontational than the other.

Then again, we do tend to overestimate the qualities of people who think similar things to us... 

I wasn't taking sides, both camps are just as guilty. A lack of looking at things objectively or willingness to consider others opinions. At least half of what I read is just the same either extremely pro or extremely anti posts repackaged slightly and regurgitated across every thread whether they are relevant to the topic or not.

bONes   

As Jose once rightly said:
There is a campaign!

Easy for the media to build this narrative, but in fact Sarri has reiterated that he loves England and Premier League.

2 hours ago, Phoenix Blue said:

Just watching the BT 1 preview of the match tomorrow and they have camera's showing the training session, then while they were talking in the studio, Luiz and Higuain had some sort of disagreement about the way Higuain tackled Luiz. Anyway while the two of them continued to argue,  the camera's zoom in on Sarri who is walking off the pitch having a hissy fit while throwing and kicking his baseball cap all over the pitch??

WTF!!!!

A Chelsea spokesperson on the incident:

“Maurizio’s frustration displayed at the end of training was not related to any of his players, but was due to not being able to practise set-plays in the final 15 minutes of the hour-long training session as it remained open to media.” 

kev61   
10 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

A European final against Arsenal and some are struggling to get up for it?!?! 

This season really has shown how spoilt we have been as a club. Glad I remember where we came from and will never forget. 

I'm absolutely buzzing for it, will be having a massive piss up with a **** ton of Chelsea mates and family. It's going to be a wonderful night and I can not wait.

Yes indeed, I'm fired up for this one,fridge full of beer,steaks ready to be cooked and tv set to record in case I miss anything - seems a lot to watch the next episode of coronation street.

15 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

A European final against Arsenal and some are struggling to get up for it?!?! 

This season really has shown how spoilt we have been as a club. Glad I remember where we came from and will never forget. 

I'm absolutely buzzing for it, will be having a massive piss up with a **** ton of Chelsea mates and family. It's going to be a wonderful night and I can not wait.

Well said. The whole “this is nothing” thing suits Sky Sports narrative of Prem above all else.

xCELERYx   
14 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

You said you weren’t likely to bother to take that one up. That pretty much means you are not likely to bother no? Whether it’s valued or not, meh. Can’t believe any proper Chelsea fan “can’t be bothered”. 

No, what I said was that I was unlikely to bother getting up at 5am in the morning to watch live. I will however watch the replay when I do get up, being sure to avoid the scores and social media in the process. 

Considering I either stay or wake up all season to watch games that are generally shown from 12am-5am, I don't think you're really in any position to question my support. Then again, it's probably easy to do so when living in a time zone where games comfortably fit into your daily schedule. 

Edited by xCELERYx
spelling

13 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Can’t quote but perhaps that was the intention? 

Who said you have to have a piss-up at 5am? Watching the game is sufficient. If you don’t think it’s strange for a Chelsea fan to write on a Chelsea forum they can’t be bothered to watch a European final with Chelsea in it then we just have to agree to disagree. 

Glad I'm your hero. Took you long enough to admit it. 

As for pissing and moaning about Conte, I wasn’t registered on these boards when we won the league and that season I certainly did not moan. But the way he pissed away the second season was unprofessional in the extreme! He deserved the sack. 

10 hours ago, Original 21 said:

A Chelsea spokesperson on the incident:

“Maurizio’s frustration displayed at the end of training was not related to any of his players, but was due to not being able to practise set-plays in the final 15 minutes of the hour-long training session as it remained open to media.” 

Makes much more sense than simply 'Sarri can't control himself' and fits with the absolute farcical organisation of this final.