• Current Donation Goals

bert19   
43 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

I'm wondering what kind of effect this friendly in America will have fatigue wise? On the positive side it keeps the squad active and at least a bit sharp but surely the extra travel isn't very wise. Back and forth to America then onwards to Baku with little rest in between.

Might not be the worst thing to be honest.  The last time Sarri had two weeks to prepare for a game, we got the performance they served up away at Cardiff ;-) 

3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I have a friend I know through work has been offered a corporate ticket and overnight hotel stay through a client, and he's still not going for the same reasons as me. 

The corporates are going feel really foolish - not like giving away tickets to Wembley, they need to include a grand and a half package to get clients to go.    My guess is that RA will take a big chunk of our allocation (which is unlikely to prevent home fans getting seats).

asvaberg   

Referee is at least Italian :)

"Italian referee Gianluca Rocchi will take charge of Europa League final between Chelsea and Arsenal in Baku on 29 May."

'Tens of thousand' of tickets were made available via ballot before anyone knew who would be in the final, much in the same way as at a world cup. The prices ranged from 30-140 euros. So it is not necessarily all sponsors and corporate, a large number have probably been bought by touts and locals looking to go to a game. Still a ridiculous place to have the final given it is so inaccessible from anywhere by the sounds of it.

Holymoly   
8 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Going to be corporates and sponsors 

I realise that but are they going to teleport in as the airport apparently can’t handle more than about 10k passengers a day.

Ham   
7 hours ago, fillerywhereru said:

I'm wondering what kind of effect this friendly in America will have fatigue wise? On the positive side it keeps the squad active and at least a bit sharp but surely the extra travel isn't very wise. Back and forth to America then onwards to Baku with little rest in between.

Not sure if you've seen the plane they are using to and from Boston. Hardly arduous travel. 

Ham   

Well that's RLC out of the final.  Making great choices Bruce and Roman. 

Disappointing to see Sarri play Loftus-Cheek on a bog of a pitch in a pointless US match. 

And then see him being carried off the pitch with what looks like a serious injury.

Hope it’s not the end of his season. But it didn’t look good. 

Breathtaking stupidity of all involved in organising such a match before a major final.

Edited by Original 21

7 minutes ago, Ham said:

Well that's RLC out of the final.  Making great choices Bruce and Roman. 

Completely predictable. Idiots run this club.