• Current Donation Goals

On 5/24/2019 at 7:52 AM, Holymoly said:

He was effectively the replacement for Denis Wise and even then you could see that he was going to be at least as successful as Wisey. Of course the dividing line between good and great is stepped over by very few.

Exactly - ball winner, distribution, and free-kicks at the heart of midfield

13 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

Actually for Gus Poyet who was previously the goal scoring midfielder and a very decent one at that

Well nothing like.  Lampard was always the heart of midfield, and never played as "the goal scoring midfielder".
Hard work was the core skill, and goals and assists were always an extra, a bonus
I think this is the core reason why people failed to get Frank.

Ham   
2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

We don't have to win at all (if we are just looking at CL qualification)

Arsenal have to win.

The difference between being in the CL in pot 1 versus pot 2 is a lot smaller than the difference between being in it at all and not (irrespective of pots)

I get the distinction but with our recent performances in the CL, we could do with a good draw for the group stages. 

4 minutes ago, Ham said:

I get the distinction but with our recent performances in the CL, we could do with a good draw for the group stages. 

We have got through every group we have entered except on,  2012-13.  Presumably we'd have been top seed that year as we won it the year before.

3 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Well at least he won’t have expected it to not be seen! 

You mean the Luiz vs Higuain thing? I don’t think it was that he reacted to. He doesn’t even look very upset when he talks to Luiz afterwards. 

Most likely it was the other explanation regarding not being able to practice set-pieces due to the cameras being there longer than he expected. 

Yes yes. That was the one I was referring to. I couln’t care less about the Giroud/ Higuain thing. Not being able to practice set pieces is genuinely frustrating I think and I can quite understand him being annoyed 

46 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

jfc, this whole final is a bad joke. Half-wish both clubs had just agreed to not take their ticket allocations. 

I read that they will be pumping fake crowd noise out of the speakers. I am expecting a lot of empty seats.

JaneB   

We have to win tonight just to shut Piers Morgan up (amongst others)

Hate to say it, but I am expecting a terrible performance, next to zero shots on target and a 3-0 defeat.

Edited by McCreadie
sp

Holymoly   

I hate it that the media has us a favourites. They will love it if we fail. We have been so inconsistent that it is impossible to forecast. If we play well we play Arsenal off the pitch. If we don't turn up then we will be picked off and lose miserably. Flip of a coin in my book.

JaneB   

Hopefully Sarri will use his famous motivational skills to see us through 😏