• Current Donation Goals

xCELERYx   
4 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Disappointing to see Sarri play Loftus-Cheek on a bog of a pitch in a pointless US match. 

And then see him being carried off the pitch with what looks like a serious injury.

Hope it’s not the end of his season. But it didn’t look good. 

Breathtaking stupidity of all involved in organising such a match before a major final.

Pretty sure the match was arranged before we were confirmed to play in the Europa Final?

Might be in the minority here but I'm not actually bothered by us having played a match between the end of season and the final. Three weeks off without a game is a touch too long in my book to where it can negatively impact match sharpness, fitness and whatnot. This still gives us 14 days between now and the final, so plenty of time to still rest and prepare. The most annoying part of it is probably the travel aspect of the match itself. The Europa final is going to have enough issues travel wise as it is without adding a brief spell in the US on top. 

Losing RLC to injury is just one of those things. He could have gotten though this friendly unscathed and then injured himself in training anyway. That's just the nature of sport, it's hard to really wrap everybody up in cotton wool for such an extended period of time between games. 

Edited by xCELERYx

The way Sarri's luck works Kovacic will probably get a hat trick now that we can't start RLC in his place.

Holymoly   
5 hours ago, Ham said:

Well that's RLC out of the final.  Making great choices Bruce and Roman. 

Agreed. Should have sent the u19s. That said RLC does seem a bit of a glass cannon.

Edited by Holymoly

Ham   
2 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Pretty sure the match was arranged before we were confirmed to play in the Europa Final?

Might be in the minority here but I'm not actually bothered by us having played a match between the end of season and the final. Three weeks off without a game is a touch too long in my book to where it can negatively impact match sharpness, fitness and whatnot. This still gives us 14 days between now and the final, so plenty of time to still rest and prepare. The most annoying part of it is probably the travel aspect of the match itself. The Europa final is going to have enough issues travel wise as it is without adding a brief spell in the US on top. 

Losing RLC to injury is just one of those things. He could have gotten though this friendly unscathed and then injured himself in training anyway. That's just the nature of sport, it's hard to really wrap everybody up in cotton wool for such an extended period of time between games. 

Bit did you see the pitch?  I reckon City would have done some research but Buck and Roman thought, screw what the team needs. 

Amateurs. 

Dingus   

I wouldn't even be bothered about the travel aspect of it all tbh - not as if they are flying in economy with no leg room is it.

Agree regarding RLC as well.

Heard he has ruptured his Achilles out for minimum 6 months absolute joke getting injured in a needless friendly we should of just played the kids 

bert19   

I do also wonder why he was brought on at half-time? He's been protected through games recently, so surely a 10-15 mins cameo at the end would have been more appropriate with the final coming up?

chelboy   

I heard it was a bad pitch. The one thing you don’t want to do is play injury prone players on such a pitch. Why did we even start with such a strong team. At best 4 regulars should have been starting. Some players could also do with a rest. Poor protection of an injury prone player. Gives Arsenal a boost going into the final. RLC is the only one that plays the no.8 role well in this system. 

Lions led by donkeys