• Current Donation Goals

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, bert19 said:

I do also wonder why he was brought on at half-time? He's been protected through games recently, so surely a 10-15 mins cameo at the end would have been more appropriate with the final coming up?

and  the injury couldn't have happened then? Is it frustrating yes, but as the poster above said, it could have happened during training, during warm up for the final. Yes he could have played a crucial part in the final, but if we can't beat Arsenal just because a bit part player, admittedly a good one,  is out of the final, we might as well not bother turning up. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These things happen, but simply put - no game, no injury.

0% of blame for this on Sarri, 100% of blame is on the f*ckwits who organised this fixture. I just hope Barkley keeps up his goal threat for the final because we're gonna need it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, GianfrancoZola said:

..., but if we can't beat Arsenal just because a bit part player, admittedly a good one,  is out of the final, we might as well not bother turning up. 

Well it is actually now 2 of our starting midfielders and our best CM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chelboy   
5 minutes ago, GianfrancoZola said:

and  the injury couldn't have happened then? Is it frustrating yes, but as the poster above said, it could have happened during training, during warm up for the final. Yes he could have played a crucial part in the final, but if we can't beat Arsenal just because a bit part player, admittedly a good one,  is out of the final, we might as well not bother turning up. 

Rudiger, Kante and RLC all missing. All 3 are important in this system. A midfield of Barkley Jorginho and Kovacic in a final leaves a lot to be desired. At this rate Drinkwater will even be on the bench. This team already lacks physical strength but without that trio we become really soft in the middle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, McCreadie said:

Well it is actually now 2 of our starting midfielders and our best CM.

**** happens, it's sport, players get injured. Look at the Giro (not sure if cycling is your thing). Dumoulin prepared for weeks and months for his one big target of the season, gets knocked off in the 3rd stage. Of course it's not ideal, but they could have injured themselves making breakfast, they could have had an injury 5 minutes into the final. At least now we got 2 weeks to prepare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GianfrancoZola said:

and  the injury couldn't have happened then? Is it frustrating yes, but as the poster above said, it could have happened during training, during warm up for the final. Yes he could have played a crucial part in the final, but if we can't beat Arsenal just because a bit part player, admittedly a good one,  is out of the final, we might as well not bother turning up. 

We flew to another continent, a couple of days after the end of a long season, to play a pointless friendly, on a pitch that wasn’t fit for purpose, two weeks before a European final. 

Sure, Loftus Cheek could’ve got injured in training. He’s being nursed through a long term injury after all. But he was more likely to get injured playing on a dodgy pitch in the US. You could see the players were trying to protect themselves by not going into strong tackles. Or turning too sharply. A couple of the opposition players had gone off injured already. The pitch was a minefield. 

The Board were incompetent in arranging the fixture. I don’t know why Sarri felt obliged to give RLC game time given his recent injury problems. Personally, I was amazed he even started Hazard. Word is that Sarri was instructed to play his strongest side by the Board.

We should never have played the game in the first place. And Sarri should not have started RLC. It’s amateur stuff and no way to run a proper football club. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
Just now, GianfrancoZola said:

**** happens, it's sport, players get injured. Look at the Giro (not sure if cycling is your thing). Dumoulin prepared for weeks and months for his one big target of the season, gets knocked off in the 3rd stage. Of course it's not ideal, but they could have injured themselves making breakfast, they could have had an injury 5 minutes into the final. At least now we got 2 weeks to prepare.

Was he riding his bike across a minefield full of potholes?

At least he made it to the big race. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Original 21 said:

We flew to another continent, a couple of days after the end of a long season, to play a pointless friendly, on a pitch that wasn’t fit for purpose, two weeks before a European final. 

Sure, Loftus Cheek could’ve got injured in training. He’s being nursed through a long term injury after all. But he was more likely to get injured playing on a dodgy pitch in the US. You could see the players were trying to protect themselves by not going into strong tackles. Or turning too sharply. A couple of the opposition players had gone off injured already. The pitch was a minefield. 

The Board were incompetent in arranging the fixture. I don’t know why Sarri felt obliged to give RLC game time given his recent injury problems. Personally, I was amazed he even started Hazard. Word is that Sarri was instructed to play his strongest side by the Board.

We should never have played the game in the first place. And Sarri should not have started RLC. It’s amateur stuff and no way to run a proper football club. 

 

 

the team plane wasn't exactly Ryanair. the travel had / will have no impact whatsoever.

yes the friendly was pointless and Sarri said as much but it's a matter close to Roman so guess who wins this argument. That the timing of the game, and the venue for it was stupid is a definite, but nothing Sarri could do about it. As for the strength of team, I wouldn't be surprised if Sarri was under clear instructions who to play / for how long.

So yes, blame Roman and the board as much as you want for the game itself and maybe even the injury, but leave Sarri out of this.

1 minute ago, Ham said:

Was he riding his bike across a minefield full of potholes?

At least he made it to the big race. 

yes, italian roads innit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GianfrancoZola said:

So yes, blame Roman and the board as much as you want for the game itself and maybe even the injury, but leave Sarri out of this.

Well the fact that Loftus Cheek was recently subbed twice due to cramping-up might be a sign that the guy probably needed a rest. 

Also to what extent are the injuries of Rudiger and Kante down to being overplayed and Sarri’s well known aversion to rotating his squad? 

Injuries happen at anytime. But suddenly we’ve got a spate of them at the business end of the season. And Kante apart, all pretty serious and similar types.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.