• Current Donation Goals

5 hours ago, Original 21 said:

We flew to another continent, a couple of days after the end of a long season, to play a pointless friendly, on a pitch that wasn’t fit for purpose, two weeks before a European final. 

Quite. I’m fearing his career at a club like Chelsea is now gone - all for a ridiculously pointless friendly. 

It’s such amateurish handling by the club you really couldn’t make this **** up. 

2 hours ago, Dingus said:

Friendly, yes.

Meaningless? Far from it.

How was that friendly not the very definition of meaningless? 

3 hours ago, Bison said:

'Final whistle on hate'. Yes, we're really going to solve all of the world's ills by playing on a rubbish pitch against crap opposition. It doesn't get more low profile than that.

Maybe Roman just felt like organising a game he can actually attend?

Don't think Roman knew it would be a rubbish pitch when he agreed to the match. Just wanted to support the cause that's all.

BlueFizz   
1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

It was a friendly game to highlight and fund raise to kick anti-semitism out of sport.

Very much Roman’s decision I’ve read - and to honour the fixture with a full squad.

It’s frustrating that Ruben got crocked but if you want to attach blame it must be luck, fate or Roman in that order.

It’s been a long season, players are tired but have to stay sharp for Baku. An Arsenal player could just as easily get crocked in training over the next two weeks.

I am not going to go into what a joke this game was and why the manager was putting RLC out at all as any reason is clearly idiotic. However, be interesting to see how serious the injury is, as I am starting to get worried that he will never have the fitness required. As for the final, it is now very important that Kante is fit as Barkley and Kova do not cut it.

I have no problem supporting the sentiment.

however , somebody should explain to Roman that when the supporters of his club sing songs they are singing them about their dislike of Spurs not jews .

I'd spurs were called penguins the songs would be about polar bears eating penguins .

2 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Quite. I’m fearing his career at a club like Chelsea is now gone - all for a ridiculously pointless friendly. 

It’s such amateurish handling by the club you really couldn’t make this **** up. 

Why should it be the case that his career is now gone.

2 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Because of the importance of the cause to the owner as you we’ll know. Or are you of the opinion that anti-semitic initiatives should not be considered important?

Edited by PeteRobbo

Ham   

Roman and Kraft put their hands in their own pockets to the tune of £1m each last night.  Why the need for a football match? Just put the money in and be done with it.

If people need to be told that hatred of Jewish people is bad in 2019 then a football match won't help. 

As Mark said, many Chelsea fans dislike a fan group who choose to call themselves the Y##s.  That's not anti-Semitism.  Not even close. 

If we do have fans that hate Jewish people then the number is probably bang on the national average.

BlueFizz   
37 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

I am not going to go into what a joke this game was and why the manager was putting RLC out at all as any reason is clearly idiotic. However, be interesting to see how serious the injury is, as I am starting to get worried that he will never have the fitness required. As for the final, it is now very important that Kante is fit as Barkley and Kova do not cut it.

Why ‘clearly idiotic’? He had to pick a team. RLC has stayed fit lately, he bought him on for an easy 30 mins on the 60 mins mark. Standard way to keep players ticking over in run up to a final. Seen it done again and again over the decades. Sheer bad luck. 

Agree with the Kante part of your post.