• Current Donation Goals

2 hours ago, JaneB said:

If all you guys don't stop squabbling, I'm going to have to put on my headmistress's uniform and give you a good spanking 😜

Careful now Jane, you are going to get someone overly excited writing stuff like that!

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Well, there you have it. 

Can you imagine the backlash had we lost!?

At the start of the season, any sane person with any semblance of football knowledge could have told you that City and Liverpool had the best 2 squads and would finish 1st and 2nd in whichever order. We finished 3rd, effectively the highest realistic obtainable position, and won the Europa League, and were within a whisker of winning the League Cup (a penalty shoot out or linesman's flag away)

What more realisitically could have been achieved? 

Yes it would have been grim. 

I actually thought Liverpool would win it, but in the end happy they didn't! To answer your last question, perhaps a better run in the FA Cup, not going out to Man U. But I don't think it would have changed much to be honest and his detractors would still complain. But anyone with a resemblance of objectivity will realsie that Sarri has delivered pretty much the best case scenario for us. It simply wasn't realistic for him to do better. The League Cup could have been won, but it was just such small margins that tipped it over to them. 

League he probably could have delivered a few more points on the board, but not at a better final position. EL he won without losing a single game, scoring in every game we participated in. 

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

We lost just 12 out of 62 - it has been a good season, not just a late run.
And three of the losses were against Man City who we played 4 times.
Only 4 of the 12 losses were to teams outside the big 6

The real pattern has just been consistently beating the weaker teams and getting consistently mixed results against the top 6.

Good points. But we only lost 11 games - 2 against City, 2 against Spurs and then one each against United, Wolves, Everton, Liverpool, Leicester, Bournemouth and Arsenal. The only real bad results were against Wolves (who won plenty against the top 6), Leicester and Bournemouth. I'm counting the Charity Shield in those 11 losses as well. 

34 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Drew 13

Win percentage of 61.9%. Only two permanent managers with a better win percentage in the last 100 years - Mourinho and Conte. 

3 hours ago, Ham said:

A supercup in Istanbul against Spurs or Liverpool.  What could possibly go wrong?

*Worse. 

😉

Excellent! Thanks mate.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JaneB said:

If all you guys don't stop squabbling, I'm going to have to put on my headmistress's uniform and give you a good spanking 😜

You really have become uncontrollable in the last couple of days!

Must have been the combination of our spectacular win and your imminent wedding shindigs!

I can't imagine how you're going to behave! But if the headmistresses' uniform is still available then......well 'nuff said......

23 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Win percentage of 61.9%. Only two permanent managers with a better win percentage in the last 100 years - Mourinho and Conte. 

Thank goodness we're finally agreed , Conte is better than Sarri ;-)

53 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Thank goodness we're finally agreed , Conte is better than Sarri ;-)

Well he did manage to win games with a squad of Champions. Give him a top squad and he’ll win games. Unfortunately for us (and Sarri!) he was also unrivalled in dismantling it and buying mostly rubbish for an obscene amount of money;)

JaneB   
2 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Careful now Jane, you are going to get someone overly excited writing stuff like that!

Hee Hee!!! Well you're first in line because you're so annoying 😉

JaneB   
2 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

You really have become uncontrollable in the last couple of days!

Must have been the combination of our spectacular win and your imminent wedding shindigs!

I can't imagine how you're going to behave! But if the headmistresses' uniform is still available then......well 'nuff said......

I know, not really me at all.

Ha ha, in your dreams 😴

14 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Ha ha, in your dreams 😴

How did you know?

More seriously, have you got your outfit sorted for tomorrows extravaganza? Is it in true blue perchance?

6 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Good points. But we only lost 11 games - 2 against City, 2 against Spurs and then one each against United, Wolves, Everton, Liverpool, Leicester, Bournemouth and Arsenal. The only real bad results were against Wolves (who won plenty against the top 6), Leicester and Bournemouth. I'm counting the Charity Shield in those 11 losses as well. 

I'm counting the LC final on penalties too.  (As well as the CS).  So along with an unmentioned game that is 3 defeats against City.
Of course including those two strengthens the correllation  between performance and result, which I am arguing for.

36 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I'm counting the LC final on penalties too.  (As well as the CS).  So along with an unmentioned game that is 3 defeats against City.
Of course including those two strengthens the correllation  between performance and result, which I am arguing for.

Technically the loss in the LC final was a draw. Statistically that’s how it’s counted. 

Regardless, 61.9% win percentage with that squad and people want him fired. Madness.