• Current Donation Goals

2 hours ago, Ham said:

But he didn't say he wanted to stay.

I'm pretty sure that he did - in response to that exact question. Please don't ask me to find the reference though, because really I can't be bothered (no offence intended).

2 hours ago, Ham said:

He said he deserved to be kept on in answer to a direct question.

And this too. Just a different question.

2 hours ago, Ham said:

Plus, there's just too much chatter about him specifically going to Juve in the next 48 hours. Something is up. 

I never believe the 'chatter', because in most cases, that's exactly what it is, and no more. And this chatter has come out of Italy, and then been picked up by the likes of The Sun, and The Mirror. Given the odds, I know what I think is up. But whatever, I'll wish him well.

11 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

About the same as the bookies were offering on a Joshua knockout of Ruiz. 

Which was extraordinary.
Again if you didn't think it would happen you had a chance to make a fortune.

7 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

believe only what you know has come out of Sarri's mouth

Why believe that much?  He is in a delicate situation it is suggested.  He is being asked leading questions.

3 hours ago, Ham said:

But he didn't say he wanted to stay. He said he deserved to be kept on in answer to a direct question.

Quite.  What is he going to say?

2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

No I didn't.

You see, this is where you constantly go wrong... you get into so many different arguments with so many different people, you lose track of who said what to whom. I suggest you re-read the thread. I don't give a **** about gambling, and don't care about odds, etc. (personally, I'd make gambling illegal and close down every bookies in the country). "Spoof trades" was someone else. I merely pointed out the lack of logic in your argument!

Well spotted - it was Peterobbo.  Instead of quoting both posts I quoted yours by accident twice.
As you point out it was easy for you to spot the mistake.  But at least it roused the grumpy man.

In the meantime you seem to have ignored the point made to you - that you misread my earlier  post .
Perhaps I should have taken the same aggressive approach to your failure to read as you did to my mistake.
Perhaps I should lecture you about your posting.

Edited by Droy was my hero

Ham   
1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

Which was extraordinary.
Again if you didn't think it would happen you had a chance to make a fortune.

Actually, a bit of research beforehand would have made this a pretty smart outside bet.

Joshua can and has been tagged in the past although he got back up and won and Ruiz had never been knocked down before in his entire career and only lost once before on points.

He proved at the weekend what an accomplished technical boxer he was. 

He was underestimated by everyone. 

This is nothing like the Buster Douglas v Tyson upset.  That WAS a freak result. 

13 minutes ago, Ham said:

Actually, a bit of research beforehand would have made this a pretty smart outside bet.

Joshua can and has been tagged in the past although he got back up and won and Ruiz had never been knocked down before in his entire career and only lost once before on points.

He proved at the weekend what an accomplished technical boxer he was. 

He was underestimated by everyone. 

This is nothing like the Buster Douglas v Tyson upset.  That WAS a freak result. 

True, but you aren't arguing that it was probable that Joshua would lose  Just that the odds made it an attractive bet.

Ham   
21 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

True, but you aren't arguing that it was probable that Joshua would lose  Just that the odds made it an attractive bet.

More that the odds were a bit too skewed in favour of Joshua in a two horse race. 

I'd say possible

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

In the meantime you seem to have ignored the point made to you - that you misread my earlier  post .
Perhaps I should have taken the same aggressive approach to your failure to read as you did to my mistake.
Perhaps I should lecture you about your posting.

I didn't misread your post.

If you're writing one thing whilst thinking something else and believing you said a third, the problem clearly lies with you. I ignored your question because you were trying the politician's tactic of avoiding the original point by attempting to change the subject. It really is pointless trying to have a discussion with you. The KGB trained you well.

Edited by Bob Singleton

BlueFizz   

Sarri staying isn't a story unless you have a story that he is going first.

And that story is a better story if you support it with sub-stories about who might replace him when he goes.

There are a lot of empty web pages out there that have to be filled.

17 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

And that story is a better story if you support it with sub-stories about who might replace him when he goes.

Indeed , the Daily Mail have been leading with an article about the players that Spurs are going to sign with their £50m budget and then proceed to list half a dozen players and discuss their pros and cons and every single one of them will be more than the supposed £50m they have to spend.

Rob B   
4 hours ago, BlueFizz said:

Normally I would completely agree with you, but on this occasion there’s a couple of things that just seem “off”

Firstly, Juventus are looking for a new manager. That’s a fact, and I think they have hired one foreign manager in the last 40 years or something ridiculous.  Conte has just gone to Inter, leaving only one stand-out Italian candidate left (IMO)

Secondly, the players are entertaining it / giving it airtime. Fabregas alluded to him being off when he was a pundit for the EL game, and Jorginho has also just said something prior to the national team game  this evening (along the lines of he hopes he doesn’t leave) - if he was categorically staying, wouldn’t they just pour cold water on it?

His relationship with the fans also makes this quite an understandable move from his point of view (going back to the biggest team in your home country having just won your first trophy) but also from the club’s point of view as it takes any decision out of their hands. 

Wouldn’t completely dismiss the possibility of him staying, but equally wouldn’t be surprised if he left either.

Massive decision to be made replacing him if he does go though...

8 hours ago, Ham said:

More that the odds were a bit too skewed in favour of Joshua in a two horse race. 

I'd say possible

I can't see any difference between your words and mine.
Not probably is the same as possible.