• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Ruben Loftus-Cheek

We really dont have a RLC thread. Maybe we do now.

Gutted for him, the one player I think has moved significantly forward this season, I had visions of him over taking Rudiger as my captains choice. He is just what we need, a big strong goal scoring midfielder.

Best of luck for the recovery.

xCELERYx   

I'll be surprised if either RLC or CHO play any part next season. 

On a positive note, may mean an increased opening for someone like Mount to step in. 

Gutted for him. Really was hoping this preseason he could train and improve further and really be, for the first time in his career at Chelsea, really competing for a starting position. 2 huge injuries at very crucial stages of 2 very important Chelsea careers. 

1 hour ago, xCELERYx said:

I'll be surprised if either RLC or CHO play any part next season. 

We'll see CHO in September (if he signs a contract), RLC in October.  
They both walked off the pitch, it is a partial tear, not a career threat.

jangz   

I am distraught for the lad.. he was becoming one of my fav.. really sad for him.. extremely unlucky.. really sad for him..I want him to succeed so badly.. couldn’t have come at a worse time for us.. extremely unfortunate 

6 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

We'll see CHO in September (if he signs a contract), RLC in October.  
They both walked off the pitch, it is a partial tear, not a career threat.

Not according to reports in this mornings press

CHO was a partial tear

RLC is a complete rupture and feared out for a year.

29 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

CHO was a partial tear

Mark, the injury may be that serious, and take that long to heal. However, worth taking into account that these reports started in The Mail, which is hardly a trustworthy source. And now, the injury is to be properly assessed at Cobham on Friday. Then we'll know.

4 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

CHO was a partial tear

CHO was reported as a rupture by the club too - same words if I recall.  The term rupture is unclear as far as I can tell, some use it for a complete break only, others use it for any tear.

But I do know that a complete break means the calf very quickly scrunches up into a ball with nothing to pull against, and the foot just dangles with nothing to close the ankle angle.  Both walked off the pitch, neither had a complete rupture.  So I'm quite confident 3 or 4 months including rehab and a full pre-season equivalent is enough for both.

8 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

CHO was reported as a rupture by the club too - same words if I recall.  The term rupture is unclear as far as I can tell, some use it for a complete break only, others use it for any tear.

But I do know that a complete break means the calf very quickly scrunches up into a ball with nothing to pull against, and the foot just dangles with nothing to close the ankle angle.  Both walked off the pitch, neither had a complete rupture.  So I'm quite confident 3 or 4 months including rehab and a full pre-season equivalent is enough for both.

Let us hope so ....

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Thank you Dr Droy. Is there a subject on which you are not the world's greatest expert?