• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Ruben Loftus-Cheek

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

Thank you Dr Droy. Is there a subject on which you are not the world's greatest expert?

I can tell if an achilles has 100% snapped alright.  Can't you?

Bison   

Droy keeps saying tear and not rupture, and that both players walking off means they have avoided the worst.

Kobe suffered a third-degree tear in that his tendon had completely ruptured, meaning he would face a lengthy rehabilitation process.

This is a video of the injury (go to 2.48). Kobe still shot the free throws and walked off the court but he had ruptured his achilles.

He  returned 9 months after the injury and even then, most reports suggest he had come back earlier than anticipated. Two other NBA players who suffered achilles ruptures in recent years both took the best part of a year to recover and return.

“It’s a very difficult injury in professional athletes,” says Dr. David Geier, an orthopaedic surgeon and former director of sports medicine at the Medical University of South Carolina. “It can take up to a year to get back full speed and explosive power—jumping ability, push-off ability and the first step, which in a basketball player is so important.

This idea that both CHO and RLC will be back in 6 months is wishful thinking. Both injuries have been reported as ruptures so you would expect the worse.

Edited by Bison

3 hours ago, Bison said:

Droy keeps saying tear and not rupture, and that both players walking off means they have avoided the worst.

Well actually I say that there seems to be no clear definition of the word rupture (eg CHO), some people use it for a partial tear, others for a complete break - so I'd rather avoid the word.

But giant basket ball players explode off their feet even more than speedy wingers, so I would expect Bryant to take longer than CHO.  Then he was 34 when that happened.  If a 34 year old Basketball player can get back to full fitness in 9 months, I'd say 3 or 4 months for CHP or RLC would be easy.

On 17/05/2019 at 1:06 PM, Bob Singleton said:

Thank you Dr Droy. Is there a subject on which you are not the world's greatest expert?

Jfc, could you be any more unnecessarily childish? 

No one here really knows how long the recovery will be, which is what makes people offering opinions fine. 

Bison   
3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Well actually I say that there seems to be no clear definition of the word rupture (eg CHO), some people use it for a partial tear, others for a complete break - so I'd rather avoid the word.

But giant basket ball players explode off their feet even more than speedy wingers, so I would expect Bryant to take longer than CHO.  Then he was 34 when that happened.  If a 34 year old Basketball player can get back to full fitness in 9 months, I'd say 3 or 4 months for CHP or RLC would be easy.

Can you name any football players who have come back from ruptured achilles in 3-4 months?

According to Ben Dinnery of Premierinjuries.com, the average recovery period for a ruptured Achilles is 219 days, which in Hudson-Odoi's case would mean he won't return until November.

So average recovery time of 7 months . I don't expect CHO or RLC to play any first team football until 2020.

14 minutes ago, Bison said:

Can you name any football players who have come back from ruptured achilles in 3-4 months?

Hundreds - though it depends on what you define ruptured as.  
If you define it as snapped, then it would be none.  

If you want a meaningful discussion you have to ditch the word "ruptured" and be more specific.  

7 hours ago, Bison said:

So average recovery time of 7 months . I don't expect CHO or RLC to play any first team football until 2020.

There will be ready for the next head coach. 

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

“The injury is very similar to the Callum injury – not the same but very similar – so the time for the recovery is almost the same. Probably he will be able to have training with the group after five months. I don’t know exactly the timing, but from four months to six months.”

That's what Sarri said earlier today

48 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

“The injury is very similar to the Callum injury – not the same but very similar – so the time for the recovery is almost the same. Probably he will be able to have training with the group after five months. I don’t know exactly the timing, but from four months to six months.”

That's what Sarri said earlier today

So that means (hopefully) he's back fit and raring to go after Christmas. 

Fingers crossed.