• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Ruben Loftus-Cheek

paulw66   
30 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

My guess is it's purely to rattle Leicesters cage with regard to McGuire , other than that , maybe another "home grown" centre half gives them more options in the attacking third in the Champions League which is a bit of a holy grail to them.

Do you think there is much difference in ability between the 2? I don't.

44 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

well now you've changed the argument from do they want to buy him, and do they want to buy hm and start him regularly*

Well I'll have already conceded that City might just want him as back up.  Not sure why Ake would want that though.

44 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

* by regularly, do you mean starting away at Liverpool / Barcelona or do you mean the 85% of games when they barely need defenders? He could be first choice reserve (not in their best XI) and still play as many games as he would if he stayed at Bournemouth

He could be second choice reserve CB and play as many games as Cahill did last year - in a team that played even more than City.  At least Stones had the chance that Kompany would be always be available.  My guess is that Stones would be CB3 and Ake CB4 with occasional use as LB3 or 4.

43 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

(MacGuire and Ake)  Yes - about £50m worth of difference.

54 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Not really but Harry is a bit more physical and has the edge aerially I'd say , there's not much between them though tbh.

paulw66   
19 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

(MacGuire and Ake)  Yes - about £50m worth of difference.

Really? Which way? 

One is a regular for England and Leicester, and one is a regular for Bournemouth and Holland. 

Leo91   

Ake's better on the ball and more versatile. He would be perfect for City.

We're dropping the ball here. We should still be trying to buy players this window and then loaning them out until next season. 

12 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Along similar lines, Man City are alledgedly buying Nathan Ake. Home grown centre half, can play CB, LB or DM. 

Not a bright idea whoever sold him.

Sarri out? 

Wrong thread I know, but I aways thought Aké was a good player that we should have kept. Too bad Conte recalled I'm and then proceeded by not using him at all. The damage that man did to the squad is insane. 

Aké would have been perfect to have in the squad right now as CB3, LB2 and cover at CM. Exactly the kind of player we should keep. James fits that bill perfectly as well. So does Ampadu. Hopefully they won't be let go as easily as Aké. 

2 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Wrong thread I know, but I aways thought Aké was a good player that we should have kept. Too bad Conte recalled I'm and then proceeded by not using him at all. The damage that man did to the squad is insane. 

Aké would have been perfect to have in the squad right now as CB3, LB2 and cover at CM. Exactly the kind of player we should keep. James fits that bill perfectly as well. So does Ampadu. Hopefully they won't be let go as easily as Aké. 

So does Christensen,  So we really do not need more CB3s and CB4s.  We need the next Luiz, CM3. LB1, LW1 & CF1

(but I agree about Conte).

8 hours ago, Leo91 said:

Ake's better on the ball and more versatile. He would be perfect for City.

We're dropping the ball here. We should still be trying to buy players this window and then loaning them out until next season. 

Do we know this is actually an option? 

Sciatika   

It is because we are only banned from registering players. Not saying I think it is sensible though.