• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Ruben Loftus-Cheek

1 hour ago, Jasonb said:

I think he is often a game changer when fit, likewise I suspect Ampadu may also have injury issues not recognised yet.

When you have a squad with options they can be used it is when you are banking on them to deliver the whole season it just won't happen.

Interesting choice of words - a stronger statement would have been he has often changed games.
Ampadu at 18 really doesn't need excuses.

The trouble is that we have a whole season's worth of games and have to pick 11 starters for each one of them.

2 hours ago, Jasonb said:

I think he is often a game changer when fit, likewise I suspect Ampadu may also have injury issues not recognised yet.

When you have a squad with options they can be used it is when you are banking on them to deliver the whole season it just won't happen.

Giggs mentioned last season Ampadu was having injury problems he thought were associated with growing pains, also back pains I think so funny you should mention him in connection with RLC seeing as that's where his issues started. Ampadu was discussed on another thread missing all of last season, I thought he was injured for most of it. Ankle first and then these problems, by the time he was back every game was a must win.

• Like 1

Loftus-Cheek on the road to recovery

Ruben Loftus-Cheek has spoken about the challenges he has faced in recovering from a serious Achilles injury and his determination to get back into action for the Blues.

In an interview with a personal sponsor, which has been published by a number of media organisations including TalkSport and Goal.com, the 23-year-old revealed the extent of the injury he suffered last May.

‘I’ve had to learn to walk again,” said the England midfielder. ‘As soon as I came out of my cast, I could barely lift my heel off the ground in a sitting position.

‘To lift my leg up took maximum effort. With a big injury it’s really hard, you don’t see a difference every day, you don’t wake up and think it’s a lot better every morning, it’s over a period of time. It’s more exciting the closer I get to making my comeback, the more I keep pushing. I will be there soon.’

Loftus-Cheek admitted the mental aspect of recovering from a long-term injury is especially tough.

‘The big side of injuries is the mental side of it, so I had to stay positive and keep the right mindset. Even a tweet or a message from a fan makes a big difference to me,’ he said.

‘I’ve actually had a few setbacks that have put me behind which has been quite frustrating to be honest. Before I got injured I was playing my best football. I’ve missed feeling tired from running, from hard work, that feeling of being in a game again.

‘I’ve only just got pain free but for sure I’m going to come back stronger, sharper and do whatever I can to be in better shape.’

Nice to hear he is close to returning. Looking forward to him returning to be honest. Offers something different.

Towards the last few games under Sarri he was managing to stay involved during games and the odd moments of magic were starting to happen. Phasing in and out of games was his biggest problem before that IMO.

Started off expecting him to replace Jorginho this year but Frank seems to really trust Jorginho... maybe RLC is going to have to rotate into the side a bit.

Certainly the squad is looking very competitive. Great to have so much competition.

chara   

Hate to sound negative but worried for the lad. Hope injury is not a career stalling one. From Shellito to Essien and Hutchins(?) so many disrupted careers.

Rather he came back "right" in the new year than too early.

Still somewhat on the fence about his long term value to Chelsea even before the injury but would be delighted if he comes back and proves his potential even at a late date.For his own good and very much secondary Chelsea. We are talking about real people not stock items.

11 minutes ago, chara said:

Hate to sound negative but worried for the lad. Hope injury is not a career stalling one.

Shellito would have been back in 3 months with modern surgery.
All the actual news about his recovery seems very positive, much the same as with CHO.  But very unlike CHO the tone of his interviews sound very negative.  I fear that his achilles heel is not at the back of his ankle.

chara   
9 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Shellito would have been back in 3 months with modern surgery.
All the actual news about his recovery seems very positive, much the same as with CHO.  But very unlike CHO the tone of his interviews sound very negative.  I fear that his achilles heel is not at the back of his ankle.

Yeah Droy..often thought that about Shellito..long long time ago and  my first Chelsea Hero...having just had second knee  replacement four years after the first one am amazed at the advances made in such a short time.Sure if I had had my first knee football injury now I wouldn't have had it being replaced many years later.

Hope RLC recovers but seems a different thing from CHO...

chara   
On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 4:08 PM, xCELERYx said:
On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 5:17 PM, Droy was my hero said:

We'll see CHO in September (if he signs a contract), RLC in October.  
They both walked off the pitch, it is a partial tear, not a career threat.

I'll be surprised if either RLC or CHO play any part next season. 

On a positive note, may mean an increased opening for someone like Mount to step in. 

Hmm..got to thinking and checked old posts.....Droy half right (so far)...celery (name changed but) too..good early call on Mount!

Always far more sense on here than appears at first look with the "infighting" obscuring a great deal of real football sense.