Coach: Lampard

442 narrow diamond.

-----------------------------Caballero
Azpilicueta - Christensen - Zouma - Emerson
---------------------------- Kante
-----------------Jorginho----------Mount
--------------------------- Barkley

-------------------- Giroud ------- Abraham

Given the post-Copa America, Gold Cup and U-21 holidays, I'd expect something like the below:

Arrizabalaga

Azpilicueta Christensen Luiz Emerson

Ampadu Jorginho

Pedro Barkley Kenedy

Giroud

Subs: Caballero, Alonso, Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Kovacic, Cumming, McCormick, C.Brown, Callagher, Guehi, Zouma, Sterling

Edited by chiswickblue

Ham   

3 points a must. 

• Like 1

On 19/06/2019 at 9:22 AM, xCELERYx said:

442 narrow diamond.

-----------------------------Caballero
Azpilicueta - Christensen - Zouma - Emerson
---------------------------- Kante
-----------------Jorginho----------Mount
--------------------------- Barkley

-------------------- Giroud ------- Abraham

No way does Jorgi get moved to the middle two, he would be absolute disaster there. It is not even worth considering in a friendly, he can only play the base. 

xCELERYx   
35 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

No way does Jorgi get moved to the middle two, he would be absolute disaster there. It is not even worth considering in a friendly, he can only play the base. 

He's played in a midfield two for Italy on a number of occasions under Mancini and has generally done well. Even now, in a midfield three he interchanges with Verratti and gets more freedom than he generally is afforded within a Sarri system. 

4 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

He's played in a midfield two for Italy on a number of occasions under Mancini and has generally done well. Even now, in a midfield three he interchanges with Verratti and gets more freedom than he generally is afforded within a Sarri system. 

It is one thing playing that position in Serie A and international football and then trying it in the PL. I really cannot see how he does not get completely overrun. 

Edited by Conte Kante

2 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

It is one thing playing that position in Serie A and international football and then trying it in the PL. I really cannot see how he does not get completely overrun. 

He really isn't a bad player you know , I'm sure we'll get our moneys worth out of him .

His failures early on were system failures rather than player failures .

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

He really isn't a bad player you know , I'm sure we'll get our moneys worth out of him .

His failures early on were system failures rather than player failures .

I think Jorgi is a good player. I just think he is very one paced which means he cannot play a No.6 role.

Sciatika   

I would say that a lack of pace makes him a better candidate for a deep role than for one further forward. The reason Sarri played Kante further forward is that he wanted to exploit his USP which is his energy and ability to recover the ball as far up the pitch as possible. Ball recovery in the last third is where it is most dangerous because of the transition. He played Jorginho deep because his key attribute is the ability to control the pace of the game. However, that only works if you have a lot of movement in front of him. Both Kante and Jorginho are great midfielders but neither are DMs like Maka or Mikel.

Edited by Sciatika

paulw66   
2 hours ago, Sciatika said:

I would say that a lack of pace makes him a better candidate for a deep role than for one further forward. The reason Sarri played Kante further forward is that he wanted to exploit his USP which is his energy and ability to recover the ball as far up the pitch as possible. Ball recovery in the last third is where it is most dangerous because of the transition. He played Jorginho deep because his key attribute is the ability to control the pace of the game. However, that only works if you have a lot of movement in front of him. Both Kante and Jorginho are great midfielders but neither are DMs like Maka or Mikel.

Completely agree. I could see a system where Kante and Jorginho play in what we used to call the double pivot. Then 2 wingers and a number 10 behind a striker. the formation we played in JM MArk II 

• Like 1