• Current Donation Goals

paulw66   
5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I've searched - I can't find anything to suggest any of those will not be at the start of pre-season training, let alone not be available for the first game.
Do you have any links or details?

(unless you mean we sell Jorginho and Kante - that is possible, but not recommended).

You have completely missed my original point, which has confused me. 

I said that at this moment in time, we only have 3 midfielders from the 2018/19 squad (Jorginho, Kante and Barkley) who are available to us in August, and therefore we would be mad to sell any one of those 3.

Kovacic is an unknown and RLC is injured. 

11 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

You have completely missed my original point, which has confused me. 

I said that at this moment in time, we only have 3 midfielders from the 2018/19 squad (Jorginho, Kante and Barkley) who are available to us in August, and therefore we would be mad to sell any one of those 3.

Kovacic is an unknown and RLC is injured. 

So 3 + perhaps Kovacic + RLC late October, + Drinkwater,  Mount, van Ginkel, with Chalobah T, Ampadu, Gallacher, McEachran G and James all offering back up.

Plenty I would have said.  Plenty to get rid off too.

paulw66   
5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

So 3 + perhaps Kovacic + RLC late October, + Drinkwater,  Mount, van Ginkel, with Chalobah T, Ampadu, Gallacher, McEachran G and James all offering back up.

Plenty I would have said.  Plenty to get rid off too.

and none of Drinkwater,  Mount, van Ginkel, with Chalobah T, Ampadu, Gallacher, McEachran G and James were part of the first team squad last year, which was the point I was making. 

With the exception of possibly Mount, I dont see any of those starting a PL game in CM for us next season

On 6/25/2019 at 9:28 PM, paulw66 said:

and none of Drinkwater,  Mount, van Ginkel, with Chalobah T, Ampadu, Gallacher, McEachran G and James were part of the first team squad last year, which was the point I was making. 

With the exception of possibly Mount, I don't see any of those starting a PL game in CM for us next season

Baka (forgot him), Drinkwater, Kovacic perhaps, Mount are all candidates if we want to go into the season with 8 CMs instead of the 5 we had last year.
We are not short of CM options - we really need to lose a few.
Same is true of every position except keeper.

Right. Now that we're back on topic, let's concentrate on this game, shall we?

**Yes, I know that it's pre-season, but taking it seriously (even semi-seriously) really doesn't hurt - tons of people  from across the world, are interested.

Squad that flew to Japan:

Kepa Arrizabalaga, Willy Caballero, Jamie Cumming

Cesar Azpilicueta, Davide Zappacosta, David Luiz, Kurt Zouma, Andreas Christensen, Fikayo Tomori, Marcos Alonso, Emerson

N’Golo Kante, Jorginho, Danny Drinkwater, Tiemoue Bakayoko, Ross Barkley, Mateo Kovacic, Mason Mount

Pedro, Kasey Palmer, Kenedy

Olivier Giroud, Michy Batshuayi, Tammy Abraham

with Christian Pulisic joining shortly

No Ampadu suggests a loan spell on the cards

Advanced issues found

54 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

No Ampadu suggests a loan spell on the cards

I really hope it's to a PL side

xCELERYx   
1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

I hope that it's to a side where he'll get to play regularly.

Villa have been mentioned. Would be a decent move with JT there. Otherwise, playing has to be the priority wherever he goes, even if that means dropping down to the CC. 

paulw66   
On 7/16/2019 at 11:57 AM, My Blood Is Blue said:

I really hope it's to a PL side

6 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

I hope that it's to a side where he'll get to play regularly.

5 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Villa have been mentioned. Would be a decent move with JT there. Otherwise, playing has to be the priority wherever he goes, even if that means dropping down to the CC. 

Covering all points, the danger with a PL loan move is that it is likely to be to one of the weaker sides, and sometimes, when the going (and results) gets tough, it is the loan players who invariably are the first to get dropped. 

A loan to a high end Championship team might suit better, plus they have 46 games instead of the 36 he could play for a PL loan side. 

Edit - linked with RB Leipzig this morning. Bundesliga team in the CL......could be a great option.

Edited by paulw66