• Current Donation Goals

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

he's looked very fleet of foot hasn't he ?

Indeed. All in vain, though, thanks to Luiz and Giroud getting in each other's way. That goal was coming last few minutes.

paulw66   
Just now, Bob Singleton said:

Indeed. All in vain, though, thanks to Luiz and Giroud getting in each other's way. That goal was coming last few minutes.

We haven't looked like scoring at all........

chelboy   

Barkley and Mount only impressive players today. Pulisic had a good cameo. Pre season is all about experimenting and fitness. I am sure we will be able to tell our best formation soon enough. 

This game shows why I think that this season is going to be incredibly tough. No goal threat whatsoever.

16 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

This game shows why I think that this season is going to be incredibly tough. No goal threat whatsoever.

I don't know , if Kenedy was a footballer he could've had a hat trick.

Sciatika   

At the risk of judging too early, I thought Kenedy, Mount, Barklay, Pusilic,, Zappa, Luiz, Jorge and to a lesser extent Bats were OK - not spectacular, just OK. I am beginning to give up on Baka and Drinkwater and I don't think Palmer did himself any favours either. However, my bug-bear is, again, the defence. I know ti's pre-season, but there seem to be some very basic mistakes being made at the moment (central defenders crossing, leaving large gaps behind the full-backs, lack of communication and so on). Also, we do not turn defence into attack quickly enough. Do we have a defensive coach?

Edited by Sciatika

17 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

At the risk of judging too early, I thought Kenedy, Mount, Barklay, Pusilic,, Zappa, Luiz, Jorge and to a lesser extent Bats were OK - not spectacular, just OK. I am beginning to give up on Baka and Drinkwater and I don't think Palmer did himself any favours either. However, my bug-bear is, again, the defence. I know ti's pre-season, but there seem to be some very basic mistakes being made at the moment (central defenders crossing, leaving large gaps behind the full-backs, lack of communication and so on). Also, we do not turn defence into attack quickly enough. Do we have a defensive coach?

Problem is, when have any of these players proven themselves capable of getting goals consistently? Pulisic to be fair is very young and unknown but whenever I have seen him he does not look clinical. Mount is similar but expecting him to get anything above 7 goals from CM is asking a lot for a 19 year old whose only experience is Champo and Dutch League football.

For me, we have zero goals down the middle, sure Pedro will probably get about 10 and Willian may do if he has a good season, after that it is awful and CHO is both injured and raw. Before you mention Bats, his Valencia loan also confirmed what I have always said about him. Good player for 20 mins off the bench and you stick him right between the goal posts to knock one in, absolutely awful in the rest of his game. For me the only way we get goals is if Tammy pulls a Kane and I am not holding my breath on that one whatsoever. Kenedy could also pull a surprise but he is incrediably inconsistent as seen with him not even really making the bench at Newcastle in the second half of last season. 

• Like 1

Sciatika   

But the inability to score many makes it even more essential that you get the defensive side of the game organised and difficult to beat. If we can only get a goal a game, then we had better make sure we do not concede.