• Current Donation Goals

chelboy   

So far it looks like Kovacic and Barkley benefit from the new system the most compared to last season. Kovacic looks natural as a DM and Barkley moves more freely in the final third. 

Just a shame quite a few are injured. Looking forward to seeing how RLC James Kante Willian Rudiger and CHO( If he stays) all fit in. 

I've noticed in this pre-season that we seem to have gone back to man-to-man marking when defending corners and free-kicks

Sciatika   
23 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I've noticed in this pre-season that we seem to have gone back to man-to-man marking when defending corners and free-kicks

I think players prefer it and Lamps can see that as a former player. 

1 minute ago, Sciatika said:

I think players prefer it and Lamps can see that as a former player. 

My bet is that m2m will disappear this season with VAR.  But we will see.

m2m is just a gift for any ref wanting to penalise Chelsea - ask for a review only of the decisions in the Chelsea box and the ref can get anything wrong.

Great result. Mount doing very, very well.

paulw66   
4 hours ago, Kezza said:

I'm missing those 700+ passes a match and 70% possession during Sarri's time already. The short crisp one touch passing and triangles are less prominent now.

Yes, let's compare a whole season versus a pre season against an opponent about a month behind in preparation.

Anyone drawing too many conclusions, either positive or negative, from our pre season games is a moron 

Ham   
2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Yes, let's compare a whole season versus a pre season against an opponent about a month behind in preparation.

Anyone drawing too many conclusions, either positive or negative, from our pre season games is a moron 

I was just about to say that I was very impressed with Tomori, Mount, Kovacic, Kepa, Barkley and Jorginho.

I would have said that Tomori and Mount didn't look out of place in terms of coolness on the ball or physical stature.

I was inclined to say that Kepa looked very commanding and confident.   

I might have said that Kovacic and Barkley looked less restricted and more confident although that might have had as much to do with no Hazard getting in the way than a new manager. 

That's what I would have said but I'd better reserve such moronic judgement. 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Bit Harsh, not sure Barca are really a whole month behind

I accept pre season is only that and its about fitness, managers getting to know players in the case of a new manger but some positives can be taken surely

6 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Absolutely necessary? No, and unlike you.