• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

FC Red Bull Salzburg 3 Chelsea FC 5

If we keep winning 5-3 with spectacular goals I'll happily accept brain-farts from Luiz and Zouma 😉

Edited by Bob Singleton

chelboy   
3 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Can anyone please briefly describe how we conceded. I'm not watching game.. 

Poor set piece marking for the 1st goal. Zouma and Luiz both poor at the corner. 2nd goal Zappa caused a pen looked a bit soft.

3rd goal Tomori allows a runner behind him and should deal with it then it becomes pinball and Christensen runs back but makes it messy and they score an open goal. 

All goals very avoidable. 

chelboy   

Not sure what has happened with defending set pieces. We defended them pretty good under Conte. Seems we forgot the basics. 

15 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Poor set piece marking for the 1st goal. Zouma and Luiz both poor at the corner. 2nd goal Zappa caused a pen looked a bit soft.

3rd goal Tomori allows a runner behind him and should deal with it then it becomes pinball and Christensen runs back but makes it messy and they score an open goal. 

All goals very avoidable. 

Are we still going zonal or are we man to man? (or isn't it clear?)

I'm hoping that the goals we are conceding are typical pre season goals where we're not really giving it 100 percent and deep down psychologically don't care as much because when you've scored five goals and you still don't look like you're definitely going to win , it's an issue .

That said there were some real positives to take from the game , Pulisic looks great , Barkley has continued his excellent pre season form and there was some wonderful stuff played again . Pedro's goal was sublime . 

I'm not sure how good Salzburg are as a side but from memory we've struggled against Austrian sides before and they have been bankrolled by Red Bull so they're probably half decent . 

Another decent work out , let's hope the dynamic duo can sort out the defence before the season starts ! 

10 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Are we still going zonal or are we man to man? (or isn't it clear?)

iI think in the 1st half it may have been man with Abraham in the centre Take in to account the 2nd and 3rd goals were conceded after a raft of late subs, ( not at half time as per) and it all looked very messy and was.

It could have been a back three or again may not have been it was that bad, others may help out !

4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm hoping that the goals we are conceding are typical pre season goals where we're not really giving it 100 percent and deep down psychologically don't care as much because when you've scored five goals and you still don't look like you're definitely going to win , it's an issue .

That said there were some real positives to take from the game , Pulisic looks great , Barkley has continued his excellent pre season form and there was some wonderful stuff played again . Pedro's goal was sublime . 

I'm not sure how good Salzburg are as a side but from memory we've struggled against Austrian sides before and they have been bankrolled by Red Bull so they're probably half decent . 

Another decent work out , let's hope the dynamic duo can sort out the defence before the season starts ! 

They were quite good I thought, 29 shots, 9 on target,  they pressed well in the 1st half,  Current Austrian champions, we caught them cold with some excellent counters with some great finishes. Could have been closer but will take the win

The 4-2-3-1 is taking shape no sure about the diamond as yet