• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

FC Red Bull Salzburg 3 Chelsea FC 5

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Conte Kante said:

I am happy to agree to disagree on this point. However, I totally agree on the CB points you make. Personally, I have been advocating a return to the 3cb/5atb system because of it, as I think that gets the best out of Dave, Luiz, Christ and Alonso, whilst I also believe a proper WB role for both Zappa and James would suit them as well. However, I know that such an idea is unpopular on here and do not want to go over it again as I know most people disagree. 

If defending set pieces is an issue, the formation is somewhat irrelevant. The defenders still have to stick to their man whether it is 3 or 4 or 5 at the back. 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

If defending set pieces is an issue, the formation is somewhat irrelevant. The defenders still have to stick to their man whether it is 3 or 4 or 5 at the back. 

Agreed but in a 4 you have to play Emerson, whilst in a five you have to Alonso who is much better both at defending set pieces and scoring/assisting in a 5. Furthermore, Dave can then play as a CB rather than a RB which in theory means he can take up more of a defemsive position when defending set pieces. 

Edited by Conte Kante

xCELERYx   
16 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

I am happy to agree to disagree on this point. However, I totally agree on the CB points you make. Personally, I have been advocating a return to the 3cb/5atb system because of it, as I think that gets the best out of Dave, Luiz, Christ and Alonso, whilst I also believe a proper WB role for both Zappa and James would suit them as well. However, I know that such an idea is unpopular on here and do not want to go over it again as I know most people disagree. 

You won't find an argument from me on a 3ATB system being the most defensively appropriate system to go with. I've echoed similar given the defensive options on hand. Although, I am fully aware it's realistically going to materialise. As you've said though, it isn't a discussion worth the time to take up on here.