• Current Donation Goals

Some goal from Barkley!

Half an hour in and I'd so far say:

Bakayoko hasn't improved at all, I'm not sure what his level is, but it is not PL.

Kenedy shows glimpses of talent but just doesn't seem to have the intelligence or interest in being as good as he could be.

Pulisic showing some nice touches and a good turn of pace. Patience will be required, but think he'll be very good for us.

Great goal from Barkley, think the no. 10 role is his strongest position personally - been our best player

Giroud not good enough to lead the line in the PL, his lack of pace costs him so much.

Edited by My Blood Is Blue

Poor first 25 minutes and then better in the last 20. Personally, although I know this is not our first XI by any stretch, I am concerned about the formation if we are going to press as high, Reading throughout that half were able to get quick passing through the centre of the field on a number of occasions and the CB's have been too far apart, better teams will have a field day with that. 

As for individuals, Baka is an absolute joke, I know this is pre-season but basic passing for a PL CM should be seen at this point and it is still not, while he yet again looks like he is constantly chasing shadows. For me, he needs to be shipped asap, however I am not sure anyone will take him. Maybe someone from Italy where he apprantly did ok?

Drinkwater is showing he will be an ok back up and not much else which makes me think he will stay; especially since he is also HG. Christensen and Tomori are not physical enough, although fairly good on the ball. Not convinced either will start in a back 4. Alonso still looks out of place as a LB and again all his best work is in the final 3rd. If the plan is 4231, I expect Emerson to start. Zappa is Zappa, which means he is likely to be 2nd RB again. Giroud is showing again that he cannot be relied upon to take his chances, that header was shocking considering that is the best part of his game. Pulisic is flashy in parts but looks like he lacks the pace/energy/nous to make a big impact instantly. I reckon this season will have to be a see how it goes season. Kenedy is ok and showing that he probably can fill the spare AM position as there is no one else to really take his role, while to be fair to him he does have a fairly decent shot that he elects to take which is more than the others in his position. Barkley is the stand out but it is hard to take too much as he has been like this before. That said, as he is 24/25 it could be that he is finally starting to read the game better which has always been a massive problem for him. 

Bison   

2-2. Goal from a corner. We have looked shaky on them all game so no surprise. 

Our defending is absolutely pathetic , dreadful .

am yet to see why everyone loves Zouma .

Bison   

3-2. Mount. Solid strike, keeper gets a hand on it but not strong enough.

Another good goal from Mount