• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Frank Lampard Appointed Chelsea Head Coach

56 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Terry has to come back for some role if all the old boys are back? Surely?

If Frank is manager/1st team coach and he has Jody as his assistant, where do you see JT? Defensive coach? (not saying he wouldn't be good... but as a former captain that's quite a 'lowly' role to be given by your former vice-captain, don't you think?)

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Yes, a lot of inexperience from top to bottom.

I think most fans are on board with the idea of getting ex players back to fulfill certain roles, but surely there needs to be someone with some knowhow 

It's difficult to be objective when a bona fide Chelsea legend like Lampard is under consideration. But I'm really surprised that Lampard hasn't turned around and said that he's not ready right now and would like to learn his trade for a few years. It's not as if the Chelsea manager's job is unlikely to be vacant in the coming years. What's the rush? Or is he planning to learn on the job? Talk about jumping in at the deep end! 

3 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

What's the rush? Or is he planning to learn on the job? Talk about jumping in at the deep end! 

I've always gone by the rule that if you are offered a great opportunity, you have to jump in and take it, regardless of whether you think you are ready or not.

• Like 1

JaneB   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Heavy Metal rules dude.

Not for long obviously 🤔

Is that one of your dogs?

7 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Not for long obviously 🤔

Is that one of your dogs?

Nope , that's me in dog form apparently 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

why? He was offered the biggest job in Italian club football. 

I also don't remember Liverpool fans singing the equivalent of "eff SarriBall" when Liverpool finished 8th. 

I don't blame Sarri for wanting out. Who would want to stay at a club where you are abused by your fans, when there is a brilliant job offer on the table in your home country?

I think you're really going to have that booing conversation with a supporter who has booed Sarri to get their perspective. I've never booed a player or coach so I can't make a persuasive argument, but yes I can understand the frustration boiling over at that point. 

I'm certainly not going to 'big up' any Pool supporter because they can be a nasty vile lot. re Klopp, many Scousers wanted him out initially. I'm not sure about booing but the radio waves were full of moaning Scousers. They are partial to a bit of a manager boo though. Woy Hodgson got it loud and clear during his spell. 

And the main thrust of your argument and discontentment is that it was the boos that sent Sarri packing. Has he ever said that? It wasn't in his leaving statement so what evidence do you have? He's got to be bigger than that hasn't he? 

And if all it takes is some boos and a whisper from the Old Lady in Italy to pack his bags, don't you think it would be wise hire someone with a bit more loyalty to the club than that? 

I actually trust Lampards judgement on this. He is not an idiot and has seen all the comings and goings in the Roman era and will go into it eyes wide open . To me Sarri often looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights. Old school Italian with no knowledge of our culture or league, getting on a bit (_and poor English to boot).  He tried...I'll give him that , unlike Conte who I feel threw a massive sulk for the last season  and wilfully gave up. That annoyed me more. 

Everyone got behind Sarri when he arrived including me . (Sadly I lost faith in his decisions and tactics) .Why can't we do the same for Lampard if he arrives. This is a very special person and I feel we could be verge of a new era. The energy he will release into the club, the terraces and the players will be worth its weight in gold.  If he fails I'll be ready for that too. And so will he. 

JaneB   
13 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Bark Kelly

🤣🤣

Sir   

If Lampard had no Chelsea affiliation, and we were being linked with him as we are, would we genuinely really be an advocate of him for the position? Really? It would an utterly ridiculous appointment. I can’t imagine anyone putting his name forward for the Chelsea job had he not have that surname. He doesn’t warrant this job, perhaps one day, but certainly not now. It’s just far too soon.

paulw66   
11 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

And the main thrust of your argument and discontentment is that it was the boos that sent Sarri packing. Has he ever said that? It wasn't in his leaving statement so what evidence do you have? He's got to be bigger than that hasn't he? 

No, I said I don't blame him if that was the case. None of us know. For whatever reason(s), he doesn't want to stay.

Maybe the talk about being close to his parents is true, maybe the lure of Juve was too much, maybe he got fed up with the boos..........maybe a combination of all 3. Maybe he didn't feel Roman was desperate to stop him going. 

It matters little now, he has gone.