• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Frank Lampard Appointed Chelsea Head Coach

25 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I actually have lost all my political edginess since I realised I've been denied a party that would deserve my vote if an election happens in the near future ( but veering off topic so I'll move on!!) 

I'm afraid you'll always be met with this sort of slap across the wrists reply if you speak of matters regarding the current political clouds heading our way Nobly.

There are many on here amongst those who take that stance who pretend that they're doing so in order simply to keep politics off the forum, when in reality it's the specific content of that which you say that offends them rather the topic in general.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, r.bartlett said:

best keep to CFC matters then. FYI: Nothing 'political' is going to be solved by venting on a football forum..

It's all chara's fault as usual:)

Edit: and tbh if our wise politicians can't solve our problems in the House of commons and Lords , what chance do we have on here.?

Edited by NoblyBobly

Ham   

Staying off topic, 242 is very achievable at Lords and well done Lewis. 

Edited by Ham

chara   
2 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

It's all chara's fault as usual:)

Edit: and tbh if our wise politicians can't solve our problems in the House of commons and Lords , what chance do we have on here.?

Yep.... BUT..... I do not post any political arguments BUT again.....there are and have been many places in the  world that even comments like those made here have led to injury and/or death to person or family so to repeat the oft spoken yet often not followed words...I may or may not agree with your opinions but I WILL protect your right to pass them...

I discourage too much political comment but rather read it than be aware that it is forbidden or a subject of censure.

End of this subject for me....

3 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

I'm afraid you'll always be met with this sort of slap across the wrists reply if you speak of matters regarding the current political clouds heading our way Nobly.

There are many on here amongst those who take that stance who pretend that they're doing so in order simply to keep politics off the forum, when in reality it's the specific content of that which you say that offends them rather the topic in general.

That's an opinion of course but the reality is that this is a football , specifically Chelsea forum, if you want to discuss politics then either go to the off topic area here or create a new "football fans discuss Brexit etc" forum. it's also an international chelsea forum, so Brexit  etc is of zero interest to a % of people here...

7 minutes ago, r.bartlett said:

That's an opinion of course but the reality is that this is a football , specifically Chelsea forum, if you want to discuss politics then either go to the off topic area here or create a new "football fans discuss Brexit etc" forum. it's also an international chelsea forum, so Brexit  etc is of zero interest to a % of people here...

Fair enough Mr Bartlett, but I would suggest that trying to gag by-the-by comments, delivered within a post, is over-egging the pudding and I stand by what I say. I have yet to see anybody on here raise a shout of "Politics" when someone has mentioned anything in favour of traditional, conservative attitudes, only when the comments have been contrary to that persuasion. Mind you, that could well be because anyone who actually favours the likes of Messrs Trump, Johnson, JRM et al is no doubt too embarrassed to admit it.

Anyway, in conclusion, I would simply say that, rather that calling for gagging orders, if you have occasion to read something on here which doesn't interest you then simply scan over it. I do so quite often and it's really very easy to do.

JaneB   
4 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Good tennis match going on. First set to Djorkovic.  Jane will be fuming.

You're not wrong there.

He can only blame himself really, he should have wrapped it up.

Still an absolute superstar and my all time sporting hero. Beautiful to watch in every way.

💔

Ham   

...... Meanwhile the most exciting finish EVER  in a cricket match was happening.  

Arise Sir Ben Stokes. 

Just incredible. 

Edited by Ham
  • Like 1

chara   

For me one of the great things about CFCnet is that ,especially in the dog days of now, the willingness for members to go way off point and pursue varying avenues with usually a great sense of humour that is seldom found elsewhere..long may it continue.. Ice cream anyone?