• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Frank Lampard Appointed Chelsea Head Coach

5 hours ago, Ham said:

Staying off topic, 242 is very achievable at Lords and well done Lewis. 

It's been a great day... King of the Mountains Lewis Hamilton beats New Zealand by 2 sets to 1 after a penalty shoot out!

1 hour ago, Ham said:

...... Meanwhile the most exciting finish EVER  in a cricket match was happening.  

Arise Sir Ben Stokes. 

Just incredible. 

Yeh, nothing like a thug for a hero!

Ham   
56 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

It's been a great day... King of the Mountains Lewis Hamilton beats New Zealand by 2 sets to 1 after a penalty shoot out!

That about covers it 😄

Ham   
57 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Yeh, nothing like a thug for a hero!

Captain Buzzkill. 

I'll choose whichever hero I want thanks. 

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Captain Buzzkill. 

I'll choose whichever hero I want thanks. 

Indeed and yes, we can all choose our own heroes as you say, but our choices are up for examination as a consequence.Nevertheless,  I'll fairly say that whatever might have happened in the past belongs there, I agree.

Anyway Ham, it was a great final wasn't it? To coin the old cliche, you couldn't have scripted it and all that. Absolutely and fair play to England for winning the tournament. I invariably never support the home team in these sort of tournaments. I just don't like the inevitable attendant jingoism that goes with it as a rule. I always supported the away team in test matches as a child because of that. The irony is that, when in the first half of the 1980's I went to live in Sydney for 4 years, I found the Aussie press to be every bit as unattractively nationalistic as the English and then some. Consequently, in the test series down under at that time I instantly became a hard core English supporter.

On to the Ashes series then. It should be a good series I hope. I too love cricket, particularly Test Cricket, which is the real stuff for me. Meanwhile, once again well, played to England and tough luck to NZ, a remarkable country with such a small, population which more than punch their weight internationally. How such a small population has dominated Rugby Union as they have for so long remains a mystery to me.

kev61   
5 hours ago, r.bartlett said:

That's an opinion of course but the reality is that this is a football , specifically Chelsea forum, if you want to discuss politics then either go to the off topic area here or create a new "football fans discuss Brexit etc" forum. it's also an international chelsea forum, so Brexit  etc is of zero interest to a % of people here...

It was never "discussed" it was "mentioned" a world of difference.

30 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

To coin the old cliche, you couldn't have scripted it and all that.

That "6" was just plain ridiculous.  And without it we had definitely lost.

30 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

How such a small population has dominated Rugby Union as they have for so long remains a mystery to me.

Not really a mystery.  I'm sure they have a lot more amateur Rugby players than England.  Like US and Oz, only women play soccer there.  Plus first dibs on a lot of the Polynesian who play little but Rugby.

5 hours ago, r.bartlett said:

it's also an international chelsea forum, so Brexit  etc is of zero interest to a % of people here...

In my experience no one in Britain wants to discuss Brexit, but every non-Brit or ex-pat I know wants to talk of little else.

kev61   

Yes indeed England! well done! was it Cricket or formula one - or was it Andy Murray rising from the ashes!. - equally boring.

6 hours ago, kev61 said:

It was never "discussed" it was "mentioned" a world of difference.

If you want, I can be equally  pedantic over this 

I never said it "was discussed"  I said "if you want to discuss".  

A world of  difference 

Ham   

Last word on the cricket......

Screenshot_20190715-111018_Facebook.jpg