• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Frank Lampard Appointed Chelsea Head Coach

Been puzzling over that all day. Penny took ages to drop. Sent on to Scouse mate. 😎

Edited by blue moon

7 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Listen, when historians or you or I want to think back on the legendary Frankie Lampard, they'll be plenty better places to look than this thread.

Quite probably. However, that doesn't change the fact that on here, this is the Frank Lampard thread, not the sodding cricket thread! Not that anyone here would know that, of course.

Ham   
30 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Quite probably. However, that doesn't change the fact that on here, this is the Frank Lampard thread, not the sodding cricket thread! Not that anyone here would know that, of course.

Ah come on Michael.  Your lot have won the cricket world cup enough.  Give us our moment in the sun 😄

And in any case, SFL’s sporting life does include playing for Essex juniors ... (cricket, that is)

Edited by blue moon

kev61   
2 hours ago, Ham said:

Ah come on Michael.  Your lot have won the cricket world cup enough.  Give us our moment in the sun 😄

Ha ha I keep thinking about Gerry Armstrongs goal against Spain for Northern Ireland( my 21at birthday)in 1982  - I was in a top notch restaurant  that my dad paid for and I nearly lept out of the seat when we got the result - so let's remember small successes  in global terms😁

2 hours ago, Ham said:

Ham, 'my lot' just won this thing - as I've pointed out many times before - because I live in Australia, doesn't make me Australian.

kev61   
14 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Ham, 'my lot' just won this thing - as I've pointed out many times before - because I live in Australia, doesn't make me Australian.

Be careful Michael you might be accused of being "pendantic"!.The duke of Wellington said(  'just because  you were born in a stable doesn't make you a horse') he was talking about Ireland where he was born bad analogy because Australia is a leading light in the world.

Edited by kev61

13 minutes ago, kev61 said:

The duke of Wellington said(  'just because  you were born in a stable doesn't make you a horse') he was talking about Ireland where he was born

Quite.

13 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Australia is a leading light in the world.

In many areas, I'd agree. Plus it has great beaches, beautiful women, and plenty of sun. 

Born in Wales; live in paradise.