• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Frank Lampard Appointed Chelsea Head Coach

kev61   
6 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Quite.

In many areas, I'd agree. Plus it has great beaches, beautiful women, and plenty of sun. 

Born in Wales; live in paradise. 

Indeed Michael like football life could  be uncomplicated for people with common

9 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Quite.

In many areas, I'd agree. Plus it has great beaches, beautiful women, and plenty of sun. 

Born in Wales; live in paradise. 

The only part I would interested is "beautiful women"(ever the hornball) but the problem is it's too far away! I could go to the local supermarket and pay a bit extra for what I want nudge nudge wink wink

kev61   
10 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Indeed Michael like football life could  be uncomplicated for people with common

The only part I would interested is "beautiful women"(ever the hornball) but the problem is it's too far away! I could go to the local supermarket and pay a bit extra for what I want nudge nudge wink wink

Nasty sorry - a Jimmy Carr interpretation of humour.

Ham   
5 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Ham, 'my lot' just won this thing - as I've pointed out many times before - because I live in Australia, doesn't make me Australian.

Didn't know that Michael.  Thought you were a full on Aussie. Never seen you mention it before.

Anyway, and until the ban is lifted, I'll take the cricket discussion over to the transfer thread. Apologies 😉

On 7/14/2019 at 2:43 PM, r.bartlett said:

best keep to CFC matters then. FYI: Nothing 'political' is going to be solved by venting on a football forum..

Well I was being quite non political (and trying to draw a line under it) by saying I don't feel an affiliation to any particular party right now. I've always been a bit of a floating voter anyway. I've voted for all the major parties at some time or another. I voted for Paddy Ashdown once, I voted for Blair the first time round, I didn't vote for Ed Milliband but I probably would have voted for his brother, I voted for Cameron but I wouldn't vote for Johnson or Corbin for that matter. I tend to vote for a leader I feel an affiliation with rather than a party. And I feel the same about my football club. I'll always support Chelsea of course, but I feel more connected  to the club if I feel a closer affiliation to the head coach. It's not just about Lamps being ex chelsea... for me I need to have an idea what's going on in a coaches head and how he feels about certain things. That is often down to language. I learnt more about Lampards vision  in one interview than I did in a whole season of Sarri interviews. And when Sarri did make a big point in broken English it was often a negative one... 'these players don't understand my instruction', or a direct criticism of a certain player (often one of our better ones). I don't think that will happen with Lampard even if things don't go well. And I can't see him throwing in the towel if he gets jip from the crowd or gets a better offer. Even at this stage (before a competitive ball has been kicked in anger) I know he is going to give the best younger payers a real opportunity to show if they are up to it,  he will play a high energy quick moving game which demands peak fitness levels and he will have a number of different formations up his sleeve depending on the game and the opposition. Whether it works out is anybody's guess.  I put my cross next to Lampards name on the ballot sheet a while ago. Like our politicians, you never know quite what you are going to get, but I have a feeling we have chosen well.      

paulw66   
13 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Well I was being quite non political (and trying to draw a line under it) by saying I don't feel an affiliation to any particular party right now. I've always been a bit of a floating voter anyway. I've voted for all the major parties at some time or another. I voted for Paddy Ashdown once, I voted for Blair the first time round, I didn't vote for Ed Milliband but I probably would have voted for his brother, I voted for Cameron but I wouldn't vote for Johnson or Corbin for that matter. I tend to vote for a leader I feel an affiliation with rather than a party. And I feel the same about my football club. I'll always support Chelsea of course, but I feel more connected  to the club if I feel a closer affiliation to the head coach. It's not just about Lamps being ex chelsea... for me I need to have an idea what's going on in a coaches head and how he feels about certain things. That is often down to language. I learnt more about Lampards vision  in one interview than I did in a whole season of Sarri interviews. And when Sarri did make a big point in broken English it was often a negative one... 'these players don't understand my instruction', or a direct criticism of a certain player (often one of our better ones). I don't think that will happen with Lampard even if things don't go well. And I can't see him throwing in the towel if he gets jip from the crowd or gets a better offer. Even at this stage (before a competitive ball has been kicked in anger) I know he is going to give the best younger payers a real opportunity to show if they are up to it,  he will play a high energy quick moving game which demands peak fitness levels and he will have a number of different formations up his sleeve depending on the game and the opposition. Whether it works out is anybody's guess.  I put my cross next to Lampards name on the ballot sheet a while ago. Like our politicians, you never know quite what you are going to get, but I have a feeling we have chosen well.      

Articulately put. 

Going to be very interesting season, and I just hope he is given the time by the board. For any manager, having a transfer ban makes life very difficult in your first season. It would awful is SFL was a victim of that. In fact it would unfair on anyone. 

With regards to (new) young players, I expect Mount will get a go, and possibly Abraham. Not sure about others. I would like Reece James to be ahead of Zappacosta. 

28 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I learnt more about Lampards vision  in one interview than I did in a whole season of Sarri interviews. And when Sarri did make a big point in broken English it was often a negative one...

Really?  I learnt nothing about Lampard's visions from recent interviews - just that he really does know how to talk the talk.
Married to Christine, cousin of Jamie, done loads of TV over past 5 years, the one part of management we really know he can do is the press interviews.

I haven't heard much content in it though.  Sarri was at least as clear in explaining what he wanted, even if some people got wound up by his mannerisms.

Still, I really don't expect Lampard to say much of real interest right now, especially while he is still making his mind up on individual players.  And I won't count a slick TV presence against him.

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Really?  I learnt nothing about Lampard's visions from recent interviews - just that he really does know how to talk the talk.
Married to Christine, cousin of Jamie, done loads of TV over past 5 years, the one part of management we really know he can do is the press interviews.

I haven't heard much content in it though.  Sarri was at least as clear in explaining what he wanted, even if some people got wound up by his mannerisms.

Still, I really don't expect Lampard to say much of real interest right now, especially while he is still making his mind up on individual players.  And I won't count a slick TV presence against him.

I always ignore everything anyone says in a press conference , in a one to one interview in the papers ,face to face or in a handwritten personalised note directly addressed to me. I've found that the best way.

Mind you I am an internet sage .

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I always ignore everything anyone says in a press conference , in a one to one interview in the papers ,face to face or in a handwritten personalised note directly addressed to me. I've found that the best way.

Mind you I am an internet sage .

If only you did.