• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Frank Lampard Appointed Chelsea Head Coach

19 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Eden Hazard's dream move was Real Madrid, but Frank Lampard's Chelsea will not be a stepping-stone any longer.

I am not sure we were a stepping stone, he gave us a lot and always with dignity.

paulw66   
Just now, exiledblue said:

Eden Hazard's dream move was Real Madrid, but Frank Lampard's Chelsea will not be a stepping-stone any longer.

I am not sure we were a stepping stone, he gave us a lot and always with dignity.

7 seasons is one hell of a "step"

I f Hazard ever comes back he'll get a rapturous welcome I'm sure . In my opinion he gave everything he could and treated the club honourably .

13 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

Don't know how many of you might have seen this from the Coaches Voice, which I received today:

https://www.coachesvoice.com/chelsea-manager-frank-Lampard/

Nice read, I am actually getting quite excited for the coming season. Youth will get its chance and if it does Frank wont have me on his back and then a year down the line when the dust has settled and the market is open we can add the next touches where needed

bert19   
15 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I f Hazard ever comes back he'll get a rapturous welcome I'm sure . In my opinion he gave everything he could and treated the club honourably .

I'd add that I would fully expect the club would welcome him back with open arms should things not work out for him at Madrid.  He was a wonderful player for us and is by all accounts I've heard, loved by people at the club. 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

In the case of Azpilicueta, it was only 2 seasons, and was 7 years ago, and with Willian, just one season 6 years ago........ It's not like he only left Chelsea a year ago and is inheriting a big squad of players that were teammates 12 months ago. Completely different scenario to the one Gullit and Vialli walked into. 

Good summary.  And even when Azpi did play alongside SFL, Azpi was a hardworking young player, and SFL was a God.

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

100%

1 hour ago, exiledblue said:

Nice read, I am actually getting quite excited for the coming season. Youth will get its chance and if it does Frank wont have me on his back and then a year down the line when the dust has settled and the market is open we can add the next touches where needed

Yes, I think Frank is doing very well too. Obviously it's the case that we really haven't played anyone of any note yet, nevertheless, in terms of establishing himself with the players as the new manager and instilling a total turnaround in the mood of the camp, I think Frank has done very well indeed. Everybody seems very upbeat and really enjoying their work, which is key to improving our chances of doing well on the field I think.

I take the point that interviews and press conferences are perhaps the easiest part of a manager's job, although certainly not for all of them! All the same, I feel that Frank's interviews convey more to me than mere slick soundbites and par-for-the-course managerial cliches. No, I also get a real sense of his genuine emotional commitment to the club and his excitement for the way he's going to go about installing the characteristics of HIS Chelsea FC. He's certainly not shy about sharing his ideas with the media and public either and the players, perhaps especially the younger ones, but actually all of them, irrespective of age, should and I think will be feeling very positive I reckon.

Yep, a very good start I'd say.

33 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

All the same, I feel that Frank's interviews convey more to me than mere slick soundbites and par-for-the-course managerial cliches

Really - that is exactly what they sound like.  Nothing wrong with that though.

The season really rests on chances that RLC, Abraham and Pulisic step up to become top players of the calibre of Kepa, Azpi, Rudi, Jorginho and Kante.
There is no one else in the squad likely to do it.